Mortgage Loan Officer Resume Examples
According to data gathered by LinkedIn, this is a great time to look for a new role as a mortgage loan officer. With a recent 123% spike in job openings for mortgage loan officers from March to June 2020, now is the time to craft a new mortgage loan officer resume. Study our resume example to learn how.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Mortgage Loan Officer?
A mortgage loan officer is a licensed professional who analyzes, authorizes and recommends clients’ mortgage loan applications. They work on real estate and commercial properties and use their excellent customer service skills to suggest favorable loans and payment methods. A mortgage loan officer also travels to visit clients and residential properties to evaluate and determine their eligibility.
Mortgage loan officers need to complete a 20-hour training and pass an NMLS licensing exam. These certification courses include extensive education on federal law and regulation, ethics, consumer fraud, training for nontraditional mortgage product market, and instruction on mortgage origination.
What Makes This a Great
Mortgage Loan Officer Resume Example?
An impressive resume plays a significant role in landing the right job. Study our professionally written mortgage loan officer resume examples to learn how to write one of your own. Here’s how our resume examples can help:
- Examples of strong content: As a mortgage loan officer, your resume must contain industry-specific keywords to catch the recruiters’ attention. Our mortgage loan officer resume example, above, uses language like “analyze financial information,” “accurate budget information” and other terms. Study it to write your own resume, or use our builder, which offers pre-written content for every section of your resume.
- Shows you the right resume format: Choosing the correct resume format is instrumental in exhibiting your skills and expertise effectively. The example above uses the combination format that puts equal emphasis on the candidate’s skills and experience, which is perfect for a mid-career professional. Individuals with more or less work experience should consider another resume format.
- Choosing the right template: Your resume template should reflect the industry in which you are seeking employment. As a mortgage loan officer, you should choose a traditional resume design that is appropriate for the conservative banking industry. For job seekers who would like a simple black and white design, we offer other options in our library of resume templates.
3 Mortgage Loan Officer Professional Summary Examples
An impactful professional summary can compel recruiters to learn more about you. Study our mortgage loan officer resume example to learn how to write a professional summary that will improve your chances of getting shortlisted. Here are three additional examples:
- Enthusiastic mortgage loan officer with over 5+ years of experience in the financial service industry. Well-equipped at handling process operation, customer service, administration projects, and team management. Dedicated to using my abilities in strengthening client-business relationships.
- Organized and dependable mortgage loan officer with a thorough understanding of general accounting and finance. Provide reliable finance solutions to up to 25 clients per month while building programs to expand business operations. Focused and unwavering during challenging situations.
- Mortgage loan officer dedicated to developing a customer-focused work environment. Possess innate leadership and team-building skills to enhance a company’s value and demand. Detail-oriented professional with 10 years of experience in real estate, loan processing and retail sales business.
3 Mortgage Loan Officer Work Experience Examples
Your experience section must give recruiters an idea of what you’ll bring to the table if you are hired. The best way to accomplish this is to show off your achievements though data and metrics. Study our resume example, above, to learn how or take a look at these examples:
- Assessed and verified documentation of over 20 clients monthly to recommend loan approval based on their financial status review.
- Supported client’s mortgage needs and resolved loan-related problems with 100% efficiency.
- Demonstrated strong administrative and networking skills by enhancing business growth by over 10%.
Top Skills for Your Mortgage Loan Officer Resume
Mortgage loan officers are individuals who use their reliability to grant and ease a clients’ mortgage loan process. Our mortgage loan officer resume example utilizes a solid mix of hard and soft skills, which is critical to presenting yourself as a well-rounded candidate. Here are some additional skills to consider:
- Licensed mortgage loan originator
- Certified Mortgage Banker
- Accredited Mortgage Professional
- Mathematical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Risk management
- Eye for detail
- Excellent customer service
Building Your Mortgage Loan Officer Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Mortgage Loan Officer FAQs
- Are mortgage loan officers in demand in the United States?
- What are the important qualities a mortgage loan officer must mention in a resume?
- What is a regular day at work like for a mortgage loan officer?
Are mortgage loan officers in demand in the United States?
While the United States is currently recovering from a deep recession, a record-low interest rate (3.15%) has increased the refinancing demand and attracted fresh buyers in real estate mortgages. This has led to a sizzling growth in demand for mortgage loan officers at banks and financial institutions. Some of the biggest mortgage loan originators, like Quicken Loans, United Shore and loanDepot, are in the process of hiring thousands of new employees.
What are the important qualities a mortgage loan officer must mention in a resume?
The skills section of a mortgage loan officer must boast of attributes that boost your professional and personal characteristics. A mortgage loan officer has to be reliable, has a strong analytical mind, and possesses deep knowledge about the process and financial standards of the industry. Mention strong personality traits like problem-solving, adhering to confidentiality rules, and handling financial software programs to impress prospective employers.
What is a regular day at work like for a mortgage loan officer?
Mortgage loan officers are responsible for evaluating and processing clients’ mortgage loans. They analyze applications based on clients’ financial status, record minute details, authorize and recommend based on their financial eligibility. Mortgage loan officers review loan agreements while also advising new customers of suitable loan types and available products. They effectively resolve any customer queries or complaints.