Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Dynamic and friendly cosmetology school graduate with a keen eye for details and colors looking for position as a beauty artist. Strong understanding of what works on different people, knowledge of hair care and skin care products, and customer service experience.
- Cosmetology School Graduate
- Skin and Hair Care
- Makeup and Beauty Products
- Eye for Details
- Organized Professional
- Customer Service
- Worked in the makeup department of the store to gain a better understanding of different customer types and their needs
- Developed a strong familiarity working with different brands of perfumes, makeup, skin care, and hair care products
- Assisted customers in sampling and trying out different products and gave feedback regarding their new looks
- Provided personal care and support to up to 10 clients each week in their homes
- Helped clients with their personal hygiene needs, including washing their hair, brushing their teeth, and dressing
- Assisted clients in cutting and styling their hair and putting on makeup and skin/hair care products when needed
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Beauty Artist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Beauty Artist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Beauty Artist Resume Example
Though the quality of a beauty artist’s portfolio is crucial, don’t forget the value of a stunning resume. Your resume can make or break your chances of getting interviews at competitive salons and organizations, so give it a makeover today! Start off by writing a smart, succinct summary statement. Identify your specialties. Add all of your skills and talents in the skills section, including any special tools or processes you are proficient in. Use your work experience section as a platform to describe your accomplishments and excellent customer service. For more help, see the beauty artist resume example.
Beauty Artist Advice
A beauty artist or make up artist uses their talents to help people enhance their natural beauty and look their best. The resume examples below are designed especially for the beauty artist who is looking for a new position. Use these resume examples as a guide in creating your own beautiful resume. Just click on any of the customizable designs below, and take the next step toward your dream career!
Resume Tips for Beauty Artists
Job markets across the country are experiencing strong and steady employment growth. However, that means more competition for those jobs. Stand out in your search for a job as a beauty artist with these tips that include networking, social media, and an attitude of perseverance.
1. Make a plan to address your immediate and long-term needs. It’s easy to just start scouring online job boards and start applying to jobs. However, you can make your job search more productive by understanding your immediate needs and your long-term goals. You may want to consider temporary jobs while you continue your search for a permanent, long-term position.
2. Network through the back door. Let your contacts know that you’re looking for a job, and they might know of upcoming job opens that are not posted yet to the public.
3. Be active on social media. Stand out among the competition with a professional-looking photo and a strong personal brand crafted through your social media posts.
4. Meet people through the local chapter of a professional organization. Local professionals can offer insight into the local job market or help you with job leads.
5. Plan for the long haul. Often, landing a job occurs outside of the desired timeframe. However, it’s important to keep up your career-building skills even during the slow weeks or lack of job openings. Building your skills strengthens your confidence in acing your next job interview.
Beauty Artist Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to your job search, you need to put on your best self in person, online, and on paper. Your resume must deliver a strong impression within the few seconds a hiring manager looks over your resume before making the ultimate decision: interview the candidate or move on. Make those seconds count and land a job as a beauty artist with these winning resume tips:
1. Use numbers to tell your story. Quantifying your accomplishments gives meat to your success stories. Look for ways you can incorporate statistics, percentages, or other figures in your accomplishments, such as stating the dollar sales amount that you brought in to your company.
2. Choose a layout that is readable. A readable template includes appropriate white space, easy-to-scan headings, and consistent spacing.
3. Incorporate key words from the job posting into your resume.
4. Highlight skills that are applicable to any industry. Project management, customer service, and communication skills are examples of transferrable skills.
5. Use bullet points for every list in your resume. Bullet points make your resume easier to read.