Use this professional created Technical Writer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Technical writers must be able to anticipate the needs of users who will review technical documentation. To do so, they must study product samples and talk with likely product users and product developers. They then take this information and write supporting content for products using diagrams, drawings, photographs and charts to help increase comprehension and understanding.
When writing a technical writer job description for your company, it is important for you to include vital skills and qualities that the best candidates will possess. This includes the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, translating complex technical information into simpler terms. They must also be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a team.
Imagination and technical skills are also essential for these workers. They must think of products in multiple ways in order to effectively assist the most product users.
Technical Writer Job Description Template
If you are seeking a job that enables you to utilize your technical writing expertise in a rewarding environment, then we would love to have you join our team! As a valuable member of our technical writing team, you will become the trusted face of our company by making critical decisions and establishing strategies that ensure information is accurate, gathered efficiently, and available promptly. You will also use your high level of expertise to serve as a liaison and act as a bridge between entities while implementing processes that ensure appropriate and consistent responses to meet control requirements. Experience the thrill of working intimately with a team of industry leaders to foster trust and establish rapport with our clients.
- Support the development process of multiple technical documents to include specifications, user manuals, requirements, and test plans.
- Provide evidence of compliance with business, regulatory, and legal requirements for both clients and the company.
- Understand operational concepts to generate documentation for validated systems or repair manual revisions.
- Organize and synthesize business and medical literature by writing clear, accurate reviews of the documents.
- Liaise with developers and clients to gather pertinent data and offer support for process improvement.
- Create operational and systems qualification documentation to support the implementation of messaging services.
- Interpret highly specialized software features and functions into user-friendly, process-driven materials that promote the use and preparation of applications.
- Develop standard operating procedures, regulatory manuals, and training materials to promote efficient and thorough preservation of internal memory.
- Compile reports and other documentation alongside gathering, organizing, filing, and maintaining technical information, preparing text, and coordinating layout for printed or electronic publications.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Certification or licensure in information systems security
- Highly knowledgeable in compliance and governance fundamentals and supporting disciplines including risk management, audit, and compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate, build relationships, negotiate, and present ideas
- Ability to work remotely
- Project planning skills