Use this professional created Program Coordinator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Many different organizations have program coordinator positions; however, the basic duties remain the same across the board. Program coordinators are responsible for creating and executing programs and services designed to meet specific goals. Included in this is the oversight, review and analysis of the effectiveness and compliance of these activities.
Education is an important component of a program coordinator job description. A bachelor’s or advanced degree as well as relevant work experience should be highlighted. Work experiences should include any large-scale projects and their success to illustrate the applicants’ aptitude for the job.
The level of planning and organization needed in this position requires candidates to be extremely detail oriented and to have excellent time-management skills. Exceptional communication skills are needed to work effectively with customers/clients, employees and management; successful program coordinators are also self-motivated and capable of working independently.
Program Coordinator Job Description Template
If you want to use your organizational and leadership skills in a role that truly benefits the lives of individuals and your community as a whole, we want you to become our program coordinator. You will have the chance to develop and oversee new programs and services, as well as provide active support for daily activities and operations. We are passionate about providing programs and services that benefit our community, and we want a program coordinator who will work with other local organizations as well as our in-house staff to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. If you are ready make a positive impact on your neighborhood and enjoy competitive pay, benefits, and true job satisfaction, we look forward to bringing you on board.
- Develop and implement high-quality programs, services, and activities that meet stated individual and group goals.
- Oversee daily operations of all programs, including recruiting, appointing, and managing staff members, planning and tracking budgetary items, and evaluating activities for positive outcomes and legal compliance.
- Review program logs to ensure total compliance with the latest FCC standards and guidelines while taking care of discrepancies.
- Analyze programs during planning, implementation, and follow-up to verify quality and ensure activities and services achieve stated objectives and outcomes.
- Organize weekly staffing schedules and manage additional resource allocation as needed for special programs, holiday events, recruitment campaigns, and employee morale-building activities.
- Plan, propose, and track budgets for individual services and total quarterly expenditures, including allocating adequate resources to each program and staying within limits outlined by the board of directors.
- Prepare, modify, and file reports and documentation as necessary, including daily summaries of activities and incidents, post-program overviews, recommendations for future services, and analysis of overall program effectiveness.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in a leadership role
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and adherence to deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, employees, and customers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when necessary
- Advanced degree
- Work experience with large-scale projects