Use this professional created Event Coordinator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Event coordinators ensure that all aspects of an event are organized, planned and carried out. This includes duties such as booking event meeting locations, scheduling transportation, reserving lodging and managing any other aspects of the event.
These professionals should have great attention to detail and exceptional organization skills. The event coordinator job description should list these characteristics along with a warm personality and ability to attend to clients’ needs.
Successful event coordinators often have amazing interpersonal skills and develop connections with their vendors in order to help create an amazing event. They are creative in nature and often think outside the box when it comes time to solve unexpected problems.
Event Coordinator Job Description Template
If you have exceptional organizational skills and love planning memorable events for a wide variety of clients, we would love to have you join our team as an event coordinator. You will be the “go-to” person for clients, staff, and vendors and will coordinate everything from a big-picture viewpoint to create flawless experiences for sponsors and guests. We are passionate about exceeding our clients’ expectations and trust a large part of that responsibility to our event coordinator, so we offer competitive compensation and a fun and supportive work environment. Bring your problem-solving skills and passion for perfection to our company and enjoy the satisfaction of turning ideas and dreams into reality.
- Plan and organize events according to customer requirements, including researching and hiring vendors, booking venues, planning transportation, inviting participants, and creating signage.
- Communicate directly with the customer throughout the event planning process to learn requirements and goals, coordinate guest list and vendor specifications, and ensure all parties understand relevant information and details.
- Meet with sponsors, committees, organizations, and executives as necessary to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with venue personnel, caterers, hospitality staff, A/V providers, and other vendors to acquire necessary services and activities for events while meeting budgetary objectives.
- Monitor and oversee events from preparation and set-up through teardown to ensure adherence to planned format, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as meeting with clients to ensure satisfaction, reviewing invoices and bills, approving payments, and documenting issues and resolutions.
- Evaluate potential locations, providers, vendors, and other professionals frequently to determine viability for future events and build a personal knowledge base to better serve clients.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma plus minimum three years planning experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to handle conflict calmly and professionally
- Detail-oriented and reliable with good time-management skills
- Able to work well individually and in a group
- Bachelor’s degree