Use this professional created Makeup Artist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Makeup artists prepare people to appear at special events by applying makeup that is appropriate for the situation. Generally, they begin by cleansing their clients’ skin. They then proceed to choose the ideal makeup style after evaluating their clients’ hair color, eye color, and skin tone and type.
Makeup artists must quickly analyze their clients’ circumstances and implement plans accordingly, so your makeup artist job description should emphasize adaptability and creativity. To optimally serve their clients, makeup artists should also stay familiar with different brands and trends in the industry.
Be sure to include your preferred licensing in your job description so you can attract applicants who are properly qualified. Makeup artists must stand for most of the day, often in crouched positions, so your candidates should be able to meet these physical demands.
Makeup Artist Job Description Template
Are you an energetic, personable makeup artist who is currently looking for an opportunity to share your skills with the world? If the idea of working in a high-energy environment with other creative and motivated individuals is appealing to you, we want you to join our team and make it even better! You will love helping people look and feel their best as you use your makeup application skills to bring out their most attractive features. Develop and fine-tune your skills while applying makeup according to client needs, including production and stage applications. Schedule your interview today and take advantage of our competitive pay, benefits and upbeat environment!
- Apply makeup to beautify, enhance or alter the features of people preparing for special occasions, movie productions and stage appearances.
- Cleanse and exfoliate the skin as needed to prepare it for the application of makeup.
- Analyze skin tones and facial features to determine what shades and types of makeup will be the best fit for each client.
- Study each client’s skin type and select products that will not irritate the skin or contribute to breakouts.
- Establish budgets for makeup, beauty supplies and tools, and ensure that all purchased supplies fit within budgetary restraints.
- Duplicate work when dealing with the same clients on a regular basis to ensure conformity and consistency in their appearance.
- Cooperate with production or stage officials and confer with other performers to achieve the desired effect when applying makeup.
- Document specific looks by taking photos regularly and writing makeup sheets that can be referred to for future use.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of the latest products, services and industry techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to obtain and maintain required licensing
- Two or more years of experience in cosmetology or a related field