Use this professional created Esthetician job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Estheticians improve the health and appearance of their clients’ skin through a variety of methods. They provide waxing services and use deep cleaning treatments to exfoliate and refresh the pores. In addition to these in-person treatments, they also offer expert guidance as to how to maintain healthy skin and recommend the optimal techniques and products to meet this goal.
There are numerous esthetician training programs available, but their specifics vary by state. Be sure to verify that applicants to your position have completed an approved course and passed the required licensing exams.
Because estheticians must be capable of building trusting, lasting relationships with their clients, your esthetician job description should highlight the importance of customer service skills. Estheticians will also enjoy greater client retention if they can adhere to their schedules and complete their appointments in the time allotted.
Esthetician Job Description Template
If you love making women and men feel better about the way they look and giving them hope for the future, a job as an esthetician is perfect for you. You’re given the opportunity to work with people of all types at a spa as you advise on skin-care regimens and perform various procedures to improve skin and the overall body. Estheticians do best as customer-service-oriented, self-motivated individuals who have great attention to detail. You can feel good about the work you do after a day of providing facials. Customers come to you with concerns about the way they look, and you help restore confidence and self-esteem in small periods of time. Aid clients in improving their looks and their health with a job as an esthetician.
- Perform facials and additional skin care services based on customer wants and the packages the spa offers.
- Explain the different services based on what is best for the client, how it affects their specific type of skin and how certain services are packaged to save money.
- Sell additional services and products in a simple, professional manner to aid customers in feeling good about the way they look.
- Attend regular staff meetings and continuing education programs to keep your skills up-to-date with the newest in technology and methods.
- Greet customers with a friendly smile and a brief explanation about the procedure they have chosen, calming any fears they may have about the service.
- Train new hires on our services and products to ensure the quality of the spa is upheld by every employee.
- Provide consultations with customers who have problem areas on the skin in order to restore youthful beauty.
- Offer incentives and additional coupons for return customers in order to make them loyal customers to the spa.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Esthetician certification and licensure from the state
- Great customer service skills
- Experience working in a spa or salon
- Associate degree
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends