Use this professional created Collections Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Collections managers oversee the credit and collections activities of an organization. They manage the collection of outstanding invoices while enforcing company policy. Managers also lead a team of staff members to ensure the collections department is efficient.
Because small errors have serious consequences in this industry, attention to detail and organizational skills are crucial attributes for collections managers. Candidates should understand your company’s goals regarding repayment increases and develop strategies for achieving those goals.
Your collections manager job description should also include requirements regarding training and education. They should have relevant work experience in credit and collections, as well as a bachelor’s degree in finance. Preferred knowledge requirements also include proficiency in coding and billing.
Collections Manager Job Description Template
Looking for a fast-paced job where you get to utilize your strong leadership skills and financial acumen? Join our team as a collections manager and lead our credit and collections department, ensuring that cases are handled appropriately and according to company policy. With your excellent organizational skills, you will oversee a team of hard-working collection staff members to communicate with clients who owe money and increase the percentage of successful repayments. You will have the chance to implement changes to the department as you see fit to create a proficient and efficient department. Foster team unity as you build relationships while working closely with your team and fellow managers to continually reach department and company-wide business goals.
- Coordinate activities of staff members to ensure a smooth and efficient department that reduces the number of cases that are overlooked.
- Oversee the collection of outstanding credit and invoices to minimize profit loss while ensuring it is handled appropriately and per company policy.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the number of successful collections on outstanding debt.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff members within the collections department to ensure a sufficient number of staff members are available to handle the workload.
- Develop goals that complement the overarching business goals of the company and coordinate staff to continually meet and exceed goals.
- Run reports and analyze data pertaining to the department and share with executive staff and managers of department staff as needed.
- Communicate with clients to build and maintain a strong working relationship and reduce the number of clients who stop working with the company.
- Implement credit policies and procedures that retain a smooth running of the department and avoid excessive credit limits.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance
- 3-5 years of experience in credit and collections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Billing or coding experience