Use this professional created Senior Consultant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A senior consultant in the information technology sector primarily deals with solving problems and coming up with ideas to improve the function of existing systems. Key areas may include security, data management and crisis management. Senior consultants lead a team of IT and systems professionals and ensures the optimal functioning of their department.
In addition to possessing comprehensive IT knowledge, a senior consultant must continually keep updated on the latest developments and assess his or her potential applicability. A senior consultant job description should contain a requirement for a minimum amount of management experience.
A senior consultant should be highly organized and motivated. Consultants must also communicate effectively with systems users, vendors, other managers and subordinates. A degree in computer science or equivalent experience is required, as well as industry-specific certificates.
Senior Consultant Job Description Template
Do you love taking things apart just to see how they work, then putting them back together again? If you have a natural curiosity about life and an unending craving to meet your full potential, we would love to have you as a senior consultant on our team! You will have the opportunity to work with information technology systems on a daily basis and will be rewarded with endless opportunities to solve problems and exercise your analytical skills. We encourage you to take risks and happily provide you with an environment where you’re listened to and empowered to make upward changes. Take advantage of our resources, benefits and rewards by joining our ambitious team today!
- Stay informed and up-to-date on technological advancements.
- Manage security, backup and user help systems, making changes or adjustments whenever needed to ensure the integrity of the systems.
- Meet with department heads and others on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis to give updates and request support when needed. When problems need to be resolved, meet more frequently as needed to return systems to their properly functioning order.
- Develop computer information resources, paying special attention to areas such as strategic computing, data control and security, and disaster recovery.
- Assess computing needs, system weaknesses and requirements by consulting with users, technicians, vendors and management.
- Participate in staffing actions and decisions, including recruitment, hiring, supervising and training new hires.
- Assign and oversee the work of other computer-related workers hired by the company, including programmers and systems analysts.
- Direct, manage and oversee daily operations within your department, ensuring that employees meet deadlines and work efficiently.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years in an IT management position
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and security
- Excellent organizational skills
- One or more years of incident management experience
- Relevant certifications in security and technology