Server Resume Objective
When applying for a Server position, it is imperative to rework your resume objective in order to show dedication and experience. In this high turnover industry, hiring managers are looking for individuals who will be good investments and give them quality work. Make sure to clearly state that you want work as a server in a specific work environment. For example, do you want to work in a fine dining establishment or with a caterer?
What the Server Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Servers can work in many types of food service enterprises. Whether it is a local diner or the best restaurant in town, you need to reflect the company in your objective. Depending on the establishment, you might run food, operate a cash register or take orders. No matter where you find employment, you should be prepared to get familiar with the menu, because you will likely be expected to describe it to new customers. Additionally, you might have to memorize daily specials for food or beverages. Focus on showing a friendly demander and adaptability in your objective.
Sample Server Resume Objectives
When writing your objective for a Server position, be sure to name the company to imply a genuine desire to work with that establishment. Also, be clear about your experience level and knowledge of food and beverages.
1. Looking for employment as a Server with the special events coordinator or banquet manager of XYZ Company.
2. Seeking a Server position with XYZ Company that will benefit from 5+ years experience serving customers in fine restaurants.
3. Seeking a position of Server with XYZ Company to utilize extensive knowledge of fine wine and food as well as proper etiquette.
4. A highly motivated individual looking for an entry-level Server position with XYZ Company to enable use of friendly personality and multitasking skills.
5. Obtain employment as a Server with XYZ Company that can use an outgoing demeanor and even temperament to give customers excellent service.
Skills To Put in a Server Resume Objective Statement
As a server, you need to focus on the needs of other people. By including your top skills in your objective statement rather than just detailing your career aspirations, you demonstrate to a hiring manager you understand how to pay attention to others.
As you mention your key traits, remember to list soft skills along with any hard skills you have. Soft skills are especially important in the food service industry, as most companies train employees on the specific necessary technical abilities. Peruse the job description to find keywords pointing to specific aptitudes the company is after and include them in your list.
These are some of the critical skills to mention in a server resume objective statement:
- Cheerful and friendly personality regardless of frustrating situations or long work hours
- Able to listen attentively in chaotic situations and retain information
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent memory
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent at multitasking and staying focused while maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge of POS systems
- Superior problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Passionate about high quality and proper presentation
- Stamina to handle long, busy periods of work
- Exceptional at working as part of a team
- Punctual and dependable
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.