Real Estate Agent Resume Objective
Real estate agents assist homeowners and commercial clients in buying, selling or renting properties by providing advice, conducting research and drawing up legal contracts. If you are seeking employment as an agent, it is important to demonstrate your talent in all of these areas with a strong resume objective. The objective essentially provides your chance to make a first impression, so it’s crucial to use it to highlight your expertise and potential contributions as an employee.
What the Real Estate Agent Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Real estate agents perform tasks such as finding suitable properties for clients, determining competitive market pricing and preparing legal documents. Real estate agents also must have excellent interpersonal skills, since they may show houses, negotiate on behalf of clients or advise clients on financial and legal matters. Knowledge of marketing and advertising techniques is also essential. Your objective should call attention to your communication and client service skills, and it should also discuss your relevant industry experience, training or credentials.
Sample Real Estate Agent Resume Objectives
When you write your objective statement, it’s crucial to include the name of your prospective employer. This clearly shows that you have a legitimate interest in working for the firm or company. The following objectives are just a few examples that can be customized to suit your own background and career goals:
1. Seeking a real estate agent position with ABC company that requires extensive experience valuating commercial properties.
2. Looking for a real estate agent position in which strong negotiation skills can be employed to benefit clients and increase revenue at ABC firm.
3. Licensed professional seeks a real estate agent position that focuses on identifying ideal properties for clients of ABC company.
4. Pursuing a real estate agent position at ABC company with the goal of using in-depth research and valuation to increase profits.
5. Licensed agent looking to build marketing skills and deliver outstanding client service as a real estate agent at ABC firm.
Skills To Put in a Real Estate Agent Resume Objective
The goal of a resume is to get the attention of a prospective employer. The best way to do this is by crafting a relevant skills section for your real estate agent resume. Presenting your skills and abilities in a bullet point list draws the recruiter’s eye to what you have to offer. The harder part is knowing which skills to showcase.
Conventional wisdom says to include a mix of soft skills and hard skills based on the requirements outlined in the job posting. The idea is to give a well-rounded representation of yourself while illustrating your qualifications for the position.
Consider these skills for inclusion in your real estate agent resume:
- In-depth knowledge of the local area, including schools, churches, healthcare, and recreation
- Strong commercial awareness of local properties, including zoning, financing options, and mortgage types
- Passionate about building effective relationships and providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent computer and typing skills as well as experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Self-motivated entrepreneur with a problem-solving mindset and strong attention to detail
- Expert multi-tasker with fantastic organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills
- Tech-savvy negotiator with a strong work ethic
- Customer-focused licensed real estate agent who thrives under pressure
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.