Office Assistant Resume Objective
Office assistants are responsible for performing numerous clerical and administrative duties, including answering phones, filing, entering data and arranging schedules, to keep an office running smoothly. The objective statement of your resume should highlight your ability to perform all of these tasks. This statement is the first and potentially only part of your resume that an employer will read over, so it’s important to showcase your skills and value in this statement.
What the Office Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A successful office assistant needs a diverse skill set. Time-management, interpersonal and organizations skills are essential, as office assistants often must balance various tasks while assisting superiors, co-workers and customers. Typically, office assistants must be proficient with phone systems, office equipment, word processing programs and other software. Some assistants also perform specialized duties, such as accounting, managing office inventory or making travel arrangements. Your objective should focus on your ability to communicate with others, prioritize tasks and effectively coordinate office operations.
Sample Office Assistant Resume Objectives
Your resume objective should highlight your relevant experience, along with the skills that make you a great fit for this position. You also should work the name of the prospective employer into your statement, as this helps show that you are seriously interested in working for that employer. Here are a few sample objective statements:
1. Driven, detail-oriented professional with 8 years of experience looking to apply clerical and organizational skills as an executive office assistant at ABC company.
2. Seeking an office assistant position at ABC company that demands strong data entry and accounting skills.
3. Looking to employ communication and organizational skills to improve efficiency and customer experiences as an office assistant at ABC company.
4. Self-motivated individual looking to use technical and customer service skills to support co-workers and clients as an office assistant at ABC company.
5. Seeking an office assistant position at ABC company that requires exceptional interpersonal skills and builds clerical knowledge.
Skills To Put in an Office Assistant Resume Objective
A resume serves as a marketing tool for your job search. Each section of this document gives you a chance to show recruiters why they should consider you for an office assistant position. With the objective statement, you can improve your chances of getting hired when you include the right combination of hard and soft skills, same as in your qualifications section.
When it comes to picking a skill set to include in your resume objective, relevancy plays a key factor. You want to mention the skills you have that each particular employer seeks. With that said, look at the job listing for specific keywords you can add to your statement. The following are a few qualifications that relate to an office assistant role:
- Trained in QuickBooks
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experienced with Google Suite
- Type 50 words per minute
- Strong and accurate data-entry skills
- Experience with scheduling meetings for management
- Knowledgeable about troubleshooting IT issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with using basic office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, and scanners
- Exceptional phone etiquette
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.