Office Assistant Resume Objective
Office assistants are responsible for performing numerous clerical and administrative duties, including answering phones, filing, entering data and arranging schedules, to keep an office running smoothly. The objective statement of your resume should highlight your ability to perform all of these tasks. This statement is the first and potentially only part of your resume that an employer will read over, so it’s important to showcase your skills and value in this statement.
What the Office Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A successful office assistant needs a diverse skill set. Time-management, interpersonal and organizations skills are essential, as office assistants often must balance various tasks while assisting superiors, co-workers and customers. Typically, office assistants must be proficient with phone systems, office equipment, word processing programs and other software. Some assistants also perform specialized duties, such as accounting, managing office inventory or making travel arrangements. Your objective should focus on your ability to communicate with others, prioritize tasks and effectively coordinate office operations.
Sample Office Assistant Resume Objectives
Your resume objective should highlight your relevant experience, along with the skills that make you a great fit for this position. You also should work the name of the prospective employer into your statement, as this helps show that you are seriously interested in working for that employer. Here are a few sample objective statements:
1. Driven, detail-oriented professional with 8 years of experience looking to apply clerical and organizational skills as an executive office assistant at ABC company.
2. Seeking an office assistant position at ABC company that demands strong data entry and accounting skills.
3. Looking to employ communication and organizational skills to improve efficiency and customer experiences as an office assistant at ABC company.
4. Self-motivated individual looking to use technical and customer service skills to support co-workers and clients as an office assistant at ABC company.
5. Seeking an office assistant position at ABC company that requires exceptional interpersonal skills and builds clerical knowledge.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.