Lawyer Resume Objectives
Lawyers serve a vital function in society by representing clients in civil and criminal litigation. They are also needed to advise clients on legal matters and assist with legal documents. Whether you practice law broadly or specialize in a certain area, a strong objective will inform a potential employer of the skills and talents you have earned as well as what your goals are overall for practicing law.
What The Lawyer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Lawyers are heavily involved in court proceeding, and their responsibilities include representing clients in front of government agencies, selecting juries, questioning witnesses, meeting with judges and presenting evidence. In order to be an effective Lawyer, you need to have a comprehensive understanding of the Constitution as well as knowledge in past ordinances, rulings and laws that may come into play. In addition to any skills that could pertain to these areas, you should also be familiar with the various tools and technologies Lawyers often use such as accounting software, document management software and information retrieval software.
Sample Lawyer Resume Objectives
Whenever applying for a new job, you should always state the name of the organization you are applying to in order to show that you actually care about getting the position. Some example objectives include:
1. Looking to apply knowledge of government regulations, laws, legal codes and precedents in the position of Lawyer at ABC company.
2. Searching for a Lawyer position at ABC company that encourages skills involving critical thinking, complex problem solving and efficient decision making.
3. To build upon 10+ years of progressive experience in the legal field as a Lawyer with ABC company and apply skills related to clerical duties, court proceedings and management strategies.
4. Gain a rewarding Lawyer position with ABC company that allows for career advancement by using managerial and administrative talents.
5. To contribute a solid education in law, along with years of experience in creative decision making and resolving conflict, to a Lawyer position with ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.