General Manager Resume Objectives
General Managers are needed in a number of different fields within the public and private sector. They are responsible for the day-to-day operations of a business as well as creating store-wide policies, performing administrative tasks and planning the most efficient use of resources. A background in accounting and economics can be very valuable and should be emphasized within your objective statement if applicable.
What The General Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
As you are writing your resume for a General Manager position, you should use the objective portion to highlight any skills you have in performing managerial duties. A number of tasks will be expected of you in this position such as coordinating activities, planning sales promotions, planning store layouts, determining staffing requirements, creating departmental policies, reviewing financial data and a lot more. Critical thinking and customer service skills will need to be utilized on a daily basis, so any experiences you have in those areas should be mentioned.
Sample General Manager Resume Objectives
The objective section of your resume should highlight all the skills, education and experiences you possess that make you well-qualified for the position. You should also directly state the name of the business you are applying for to display your genuine interest for working there.
1. Seeking to gain a position as General Manager with ABC company to utilize skills in customer service and administrative principles.
2. Obtain a position at ABC company as a General Manager in order to use experiences in developing store-wide policies, planning sales promotions and reviewing activity reports.
3. Searching for a General Manager position at ABC company to use effective communication skills to increase productivity and enhance revenue.
4. Dedicated and proactive individual with 10+ years of experience in developing marketing strategies and monitoring performance seeking a General Manager position at ABC company.
5. Looking for a position at ABC company to implement skills involving training and selecting employees as a General Manager.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.