Food and Beverage Server Resume Objective
A Food Server is tasked with serving patrons in a restaurant or other eating establishment. Specific job duties frequently include greeting customers, taking orders, serving food and beverages, and generally ensuring that customer needs are accommodated. Education is not generally required for this type of role although experience in similar work environments can be helpful. A quality objective statement will display for hiring managers what makes you a good candidate for the job including previous jobs and general skills.
What The Food Server Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
If you’ve worked in food service settings in the past, it’s a good idea to note your experience within your objective, particularly if it’s a similar format to the business you wish to work for (i.e. fine dining). Many Food Servers prefer to highlight the general qualities which contribute to success in this type of career, such as a friendly disposition, attention to details, and good memorization skills. Other attributes which can be beneficial to discuss might include multitasking ability, comfort working in busy environments, and the ability to resolve problems using sound judgment.
Sample Food Server Resume Objectives
An objective statement is a chance to zoom in on a few of your most notable talents and work experiences, but it’s also a great opportunity to convey genuine interest in your prospective employer. Use the company’s name in your statement to show your desire to land the job.
1. Obtain a Food Server position at ABC Restaurant to utilize friendly disposition, attention to detail, and good multitasking skills.
2. Seeking Food Server position with ABC Restaurant that will benefit from two years of experience in food service and great customer interaction skills.
3. Customer-oriented Food Server seeking employment opportunity at ABC Restaurant that will allow utilization of great people skills, good memory, and upbeat demeanor at work.
4. Motivated individual seeks Food Server position at ABC Restaurant to apply three years of experience in fine dining and a focus on guest satisfaction.
5. Experienced Food Server seeks to continue career with ABC Restaurant to deliver outstanding service through focus, efficiency, and a commitment to doing whatever is necessary to provide an enjoyable dining experience.
Skills To Put in a Food and Beverage Server Resume Objective
When you set out to write the perfect food and beverage server resume, one of the things you’ll do is make a list of skills, abilities, and strengths that qualify you for the position you want. It’s a good idea to incorporate several of your most pertinent skills into your objective statement so they’ll be among the first things the hiring manager sees.
Decide what to include by reviewing your set of skills and comparing it to the list of requirements from the job description. Wherever you find commonalities, you know those are the topics to focus on. In a hospitality job, you should have a good mix of hard and soft skills, such as restaurant-specific know-how and customer service abilities.
Here are a few examples of skills to add to your food and beverage server resume in the objective statement section:
- Personable and committed to hospitality
- Familiar with restaurant atmosphere and menu offerings
- Well-versed in standard front-of-house procedures, including hosting, cashiering, and serving
- Basic knowledge of mixology
- High level of accuracy
- Very responsive to guests’ needs
- State and county food handler’s permit
- Responsible alcohol server certification
- Adept at doing side work while remaining attentive to flow of business and interacting with guests
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.