Crew Member Resume Objectives
Crew members are in high demand in fast restaurant environments. A Crew Member resume objective should emphasize an ability to provide friendly, efficient counter service and timely food preparation. A clear and direct resume objective can sway a prospective employer to read the rest of the resume, prioritize your application and schedule an interview.
What the Crew Member Resume Objective Should Tell the Prospective Employer
The restaurant business focuses on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment. A Crew Member Resume Objective should inspire confidence about the ability to work under pressure in a busy organization. Include your experience with food preparation equipment or with counter service and handling money. Qualities to highlight are an enthusiasm for working with the public, good time management skills and a positive attitude. Mention prior experience in customer service, as well as your career goals.
Sample Crew Member Resume Objectives
Write a Crew Member Resume objective that grabs a prospective employer’s attention by accentuating your capacity to deliver excellent customer service. Emphasize any skills with specialized equipment. Include the name of the organization to underscore your interest in the position. Here are some examples of effective Crew Member Resume Objectives:
1. Hard worker with cashier experience, good with people, seeks position with XYZ restaurant as Crew Member.
2. Dependable team member with experience working with deep fryers and other kitchen equipment looking for opportunity to utilize and expand skills with XYZ restaurant.
3. Seeking a position as Crew Member with XYZ restaurant that focuses on delivering excellent product with superior customer service.
4. Friendly, organized individual looking to join XYZ restaurant in order to provide customer-focused service in a fast-paced environment.
5. Looking for a position as a Crew Member for XYZ restaurant to apply excellent customer service skills with an opportunity to further develop and grow in the industry.
Skills to Put in a Crew Member Resume Objective
If you’re aiming to get a job as a crew member, you need to demonstrate talent on your resume. You can impress an employer by writing a strong resume objective. To do this, think of the most important skills employers want from crew members. Check out the job description to gain inspiration.
It’s best to have a combination of hard and soft skills. This way, the employer will be more confident in your ability to be a great worker. After you create a well-written objective with some of these crew member skills, you can also fill out your resume’s skills section. This allows you to place yourself in a good position for hiring. Here are some ideas for skills you can use:
- Able to work long hours in a fast-paced restaurant while on feet
- Impressive skills in delivering friendly customer service
- Excellent time-management skills and consistently on time to shift
- Capable of working on a team and maintaining a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of food safety standards and proper food handling procedures
- Able to follow a recipe according to company guidelines
- Understanding of portion control, weights, and measurements while preparing food
- Above-average ability to multitask and prioritize tasks during shift
- Strong verbal communication skills and listening ability
- Proficient with money handling, credit card processing, and basic math
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.