attorney Resume Objectives
An Attorney is responsible for representing their client in a legal environment. This can take many forms, from defending them in a courtroom to simply advising them during legal transactions. There are also many different specializations that Attorneys can choose. Outside of these responsibilities, professionals need strong clerical skills for creating, filing, and attaining legal documents. It is difficult to be accepted into a law firm, so a clear resume that highlights your abilities is essential when applying.
What The Attorney Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The most important skill an Attorney needs is, of course, legal. There are, however, many other attributes they need to possess to be successful in law. Primarily, strong communication skills and a mastery over the English language are vital. Administration, management, and clerical abilities are also very appealing on a resume. Other than that, you can boost your resume objectives with experience in client service, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making.
Sample Attorney Resume Objectives
Rather than focusing on what you seek to gain by being hired, outline what makes you unique and how hiring you will greatly benefit the employers. Be sure to express your excitement to potentially be hired by using the company name specifically. Here are several resume objectives that may help you to create your own:
1. Dedicated and results-driven legal professional seeking Attorney position with ABC Company to utilize problem solving and communication abilities while reaching legal and administrative goals.
2. Attorney with extensive experience in legal environments looking for work with ABC Company that encourages excellent oral expression and client service.
3. Desiring the opportunity to transfer five years of experience as an Attorney to ABC Company with a position that incorporates acquired knowledge of personal service, communication, problem solving, and critical thinking.
4. Professional with 10+ years experience and proven communication, legal, and clerical skills seeking Attorney work with ABC Company.
5. Proactive and self-motivated individual looking to bring experience with legal documentation, customer service, and problem solving to a communication-driven Attorney position with ABC Company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.