Assistant Manager Resume Objective
Present in many industries, the role of an assistant manager is very similar to that of a general manager. The position must display leadership and exemplary behavior and may be required to fulfill the duties of a general manager in his or her absence. Responsibilities are often focused on staff and general administration, such as hiring, scheduling, delegating assignments, and supporting employee development. A clearly defined objective is necessary to win the confidence of hiring managers who often seek out capable leaders who will create ideal candidates for promotion in the future.
What The Assistant Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Often times, the most successful assistant managers are those who perform to the same standards as a general manager. In this regard, it can be beneficial to relate your previous leadership experience to the new duties you wish to assume. Management candidates must be strong communicators in order to support staff as well as customers and clients so highlighting your verbal and written skills is also recommended. Consider discussing your comfort with multi-tasking, your ability to solve problems, and performance under pressure. Any industry-specific knowledge which pertains to the company you’re applying can also catch the eye of a hiring manager.
Sample Assistant Manager Resume Objectives
Many hiring managers pursue managerial candidates who are committed to remaining with their organization for the foreseeable future. Display your vested interest in the company you’re applying to by referencing their name as part of your objective statement.
1. Experienced manager of restaurant and retail staff seeks assistant position at ABC Company to utilize strong leadership skills and comfort working in fast-paced environments.
2. Seeking to obtain an assistant manager position with ABC Company which will provide challenge, valuable supervisory experience, and opportunity for career advancement.
3. Motivated manager seeks assistant position with ABC Company to employ great people skills, positive attitude, and a talent for resolving problems to maintain fluid operations.
4. Upbeat shift leader seeks assistant manager position at ABC Company to advance career in a challenging but fulfilling role that will benefit from good interpersonal skills and multi-tasking ability.
5. Former small business owner seeks assistant manager position to utilize developed skills in sales, customer service, and employee development to maximize company profitability.
Skills To Put in an Assistant Manager Resume Objective
Since recruiters typically spend fewer than ten seconds reading an applicant’s resume, it is important you stand out right away. Your objective statement is the first section they see, so make sure you include skills that are relevant to the position and showcase your ability to add value to the company. Ideally, most employers want you to include both hard and soft skills in your assistant manager resume.
Read over the job description to see what types of skills the position requires, and focus on the ones that you are strong in. Also consider skills that may set you apart from other jobseekers. Some skills that are appropriate for an assistant manager resume objective include:
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and lead employees
- Understanding of how to control labor and costs to increase profits
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures of the company
- Highly motivated to succeed and inspire staff members
- Great attention to detail with resolve to follow through on all tasks
- Highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team-player mindset with ability to recognize employee skills and delegate effectively
- Skilled in conflict resolution with strong customer service focus
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.