Accountant Resume Objective
An accountant is responsible for the examining, analyzing, and preparing financial records and statements for an organization. They often provide input and advice on financial matters including those systems used to track and record costs and expenses. Knowledge of tax strategies and preparation are typically utilized as well. A well-stated objective is a good first step in displaying your communication skills as well as highlighting your relevant experience in the field.
What The Accountant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your objective should outline your previous accounting-related work experience as well as the responsibilities you wish to assume in your new position. Discuss familiarity with job-specific software as well general computers and applications which may be relevant in the environment you’re applying to work in. Accounting is detailed work which requires strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, so consider highlighting these features as well as emphasizing your written and verbal communication abilities. Other qualifications can include general clerical experience, strong 10-key typing speed, and interdepartmental communication skills.
Sample Accountant Resume Objectives
Objectives should serve to illustrate your qualifications and relevant experience while also conveying genuine interest in the company you’re applying to. It’s advisable always to reference the business by name in your objective statement.
1. Motivated individual seeking to obtain accountant position at ABC Company which will benefit from strong mathematical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
2. Experienced accountant seeks position at ABC Company to utilize strong familiarity with industry-standard software packages as well as refined budgeting and planning skills.
3. Seeking to obtain accountant opportunity with ABC Company which will benefit from five years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of relevant computer systems and software.
4. Detail-oriented accountant seeks position at ABC Company which will allow utilization of developed analytical and problem-solving skills as well as thorough understanding of popular tax and accounting software.
5. Obtain accounting position with ABC Company that will employ strong math and computation skills, knowledge of industry software applications, and strong 10-key typing speed.
Skills To Put in an Accountant Resume Objective
Potential employers often read the objective statement first when reviewing accountant resumes. Emphasizing your applicable skills in the objective, and including a range of technical and interpersonal skills, may be just the information the hiring manager needs to move you to the next phase of the job application process.
When deciding which skills to feature on the resume, make sure you include both hard and soft skills to provide a more thorough description of the value you can bring to the organization. It can also be helpful to use terms from the job description or accountant resumes posted on LinkedIn or other sites to confirm what skills are most applicable. Accountants commonly include these skills on their resumes:
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Ceridian, and Microsoft Office products including Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail with the capacity to detect errors
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities while meeting deadlines
- Participates in all levels of journal entry, month-end, and fiscal close processes
- Experience processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipt functions
- Reconciles general ledger reports and bank statements
- Prepares financial statements for senior management
- Understands tax reporting and GAAP compliance requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Maintains a high level of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Approaches assignments with a customer service mentality
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.