Product Marketer Advice
A product marketer is responsible for making products appealing to potential customers, and developing strategies to advertise and promote these products. The resume examples below have been specifically tailored to the needs of job candidates seeking a position as a product marketer. You can use these resume examples as a model in creating your own resume, then adjust the content to fit your individual needs. Get started now and get hired faster!
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Product Marketer
No matter what industry you are trying to find a job in or where you live, you have to know what to do. Follow these five steps to get a better idea of what you can do to find jobs as a product marketer:
1. Use your network. Talk with people you know well and people you are simply acquainted with to get a better idea of job opportunities.
2. Conduct informational interviews. If you’re new to the workforce or looking to change industries, an informational interview can help educate you on what would be expected of you as an employee. This type of interview can help you figure out what employers are looking for and what information you should highlight on your resume.
3. Focus on social media. Your social media presence may be able to help you find a job. If you use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn as a way to showcase your experience, skills and personality traits, you may look like a stronger candidate to hiring managers.
4. Highlight your skills differently. As you talk with potential employers, you can showcase your skills through stories rather than just listing off what you can do. On your resume you should try to use accomplishments rather than just day-to-day tasks.
5. Look everywhere. Sometimes you have to get creative in order to find a job opportunity. Look on online job postings, in newspapers and on companies’ websites, but also go to job fairs, go to local libraries and keep your eye peeled for any opportunities.
Product Marketer Job Seeking Tips
As you keep searching for jobs as a product marketer, you will come to realize just how important your resume is. Follow these tips to create a better looking and more successful resume:
1. Avoid using personal pronouns throughout your resume as it can create clutter.
2. List important job information: job title, employer, location of company and dates of employment.
3. Use whitespace, bullet points and the table tool in order to create a readable, professional document.
4. Include quantifiable data whenever possible in order to give a clearer picture of your accomplishments.
5. Avoid including any information that is too personal, such as political ties, religious views, hobbies, family information and any controversial information.