A well-written resume is your foot in the door to a shift manager job. Regardless of their respective industries, all shift managers are required to lead teams and meet goals each shift. Start your resume by asserting your superb time management skills and goal-oriented disposition in your summary statement. Doing so immediately tells hiring managers that you can lead their teams to success. Remember to include your management talents as well. When you write your work history section, share achievements that prove your ability to manage teams and meet goals. Take a peek at our shift manager resume example for more helpful advice.
Shift Manager Advice
Shift managers play an important role as leaders within an organization. They must be responsible, experienced, and have a compelling resume. The resume examples below have been created to help you build your own shift manager resume faster. Use the pre-written text samples within these resume examples to help write your own shift manager resume. Get started now and have a job-winning resume in no time!
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Shift Manager
One principle applies to finding jobs as a shift manager and finding jobs in any other industry -it is much more doable if you approach the task the right way. Here are some tips for making the process go as smoothly as possible:
1. Refresh yourself on interview etiquette. Make sure you have a professional outfit, and practice in front of a mirror before interviews.
2. Make a goal to speak to someone new every day about your job search. This will be a daily reminder for you to continually make new connections in pursuit of your goal.
3. Find and attend job fairs in your area. You never know what job prospects you will encounter, and you should never pass up an opportunity to make connections in person.
4. Look for job leads in as many places as you can-online, in newspapers and on community billboards.
5. Have a positive attitude about your job search, looking at it as an opportunity rather than a burden.
Shift Manager Job Seeking Tips
One thing that will set apart jobseekers as a shift manager is an excellent resume. Here are some tips for making your resume shine, no matter what your career goals are or what level of experience you have:
1. Focus on your accomplishments. Potential employers want to know the major things you achieved in your previous positions.
2. Quantify. Specifically explain your accomplishments in terms of numbers-rather than saying you increased sales, say you increased sales by 5 percent.
3. Edit. Make sure that you do not have any typos on your resume, as this implies to potential employers that you did not care enough to check for them.
4. Tailor to the position. With each position you apply to, alter your resume so that its focus is relevant to the job’s requirements.
5. Review sample resumes. Search online for sample resumes in your industry so you can model your own resume after them.