Journeymen Electricians Advice
Jobs for journeyman electricians are available right now. But you’ll need some formal training, some experience, and the right resume. The resume examples below can help you build, or improve, your resume. Just click on any of the resume examples below and update them to fit your particular needs. Take the next step toward joining the ranks of journeyman electricians with a job-winning resume! Get started now.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Journeymen Electricians
Whatever jobs as a Journeymen Electricians you’re searching for, the hunt will go more smoothly if you can take the proper steps to position yourself for success.
1. Educate yourself on your options. When have been laid off from a job, you can try to find a similar position in the same industry, try a new job that might use your already acquired skills, or go for an entirely new area of employment with alternative expertise requirements.
2. Look for contract or freelance work while you hunt for jobs as a Journeymen Electricians. It can provide needed income while also possibly developing into a more permanent position.
3. Focus on the positive and don’t dwell on setbacks. Finding a new position will likely take some time and a good amount of effort; it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
4. Do some research to find out what areas you may not have explored before that could be a good match for your skillset.
5. Stay informed on what’s going on in your industry so that you are prepared to interview well and ramp up quickly once you are hired.
Journeymen Electricians Job Seeking Tips
An outstanding resume is the key to getting your foot in the door for an interview for jobs as a Journeymen Electricians. Some do’s and don’ts apply across the board for any positions you might be applying for.
1. Do be flexible with length. It used to be standard to keep it to one page; however, these days it’s okay to go longer if it’s necessary to showcase your experience. It’s best to keep it under two pages, though.
2. Do opt for bullets to make the document more clear and easy to read. Hiring managers will likely spend little time looking at your document before making a decision, so it’s important to be concise and have things well organized.
3. Do focus on specific things you accomplished in each position, rather than simply listing your responsibilities and duties.
4. Do list alternative sources of experience if you have no paid positions in your background. These could include campus jobs, internships, volunteer positions, and more.
5. Don’t list hobbies and interests on resumes for jobs as a Journeymen Electricians, as a general rule. These components typically don’t add value to your resume.