Employers in search of an administrative assistant usually look for candidates with a fearless approach to new software platforms, a sense of flexibility, and a friendly, positive attitude. So as you hit the job market, you’ll need to find a way to show off these specific traits in your resume. Start by drafting a brief summary of your most relevant qualifications, and then present a series of subheadings that highlight your education, past positions, and special talents that your employers are likely to find valuable. Don’t skip any capability related to event planning, communication, or budget and schedule management. Use this administrative assistant resume example as your guide.
Administrative Assistant Advice
Interested in an administrative assistant role? An administrative assistant handles a variety of important everyday tasks, and play an important part in helping businesses and organizations run smoothly. The resume examples below are geared specifically for a range of administrative assistant positions, including secretaries, executive assistants, personal assistants, and more. Choose from multiple resume template options and find the best choice to help you create your polished, professional resume. Click on any of these resume examples to get started.
Resume Tips for Administrative Assistant
When it comes to finding jobs as a administrative assistant, or in any part of the country for that matter, it will all come down to the actions that you decide to take. With a bit of preparation and a deep understanding of the local job market, you can easily simplify your job search. Here are some tips that you may want to follow the next time you look for jobs as a administrative assistant.
1. Use your personal network. Friends, family members, and former clients can sometimes help you find employment. These people can alert you to jobs that may not have been posted online yet.
2. Revamping your resume before a job search is always a great idea. Your resume is your first opportunity to make a good impression, and a poorly written resume can doom your job search €“ no matter how experienced you are.
3. Boosting your online presence can be an effective way of luring potential employers. Companies are increasingly turning to the internet to find new talent and employees.
4. Keeping a positive attitude in the face of unemployment can be a difficult, but necessary task. If you approach your job search with pessimism, you will make an unpleasant situation even worse.
5. After losing a job, many people choose to become their own boss. Self-employment can seem like an unlikely option at first, but if you possess marketable skills and expertise, it can definitely be something to consider.
Administrative Assistant Job Seeking Tips
Your search for jobs as a administrative assistant, or any other part of the country for that matter, can be greatly expedited with the help of a well-written resume. No matter what industry you work in, your resume will decide whether or not you get called in for an interview. Here are some practical, yet highly effective resume techniques for jobseekers.
1. Never include the reason why you left your previous jobs. If a hiring manager doesn’t agree with or understand your reasoning, he or she may toss your resume aside. Only give this information if you are asked for it directly.
2. Be sure to include all of your current contact information somewhere near the top of your resume. Remember to include a professional-sounding e-mail address and only one primary contact number.
3. It can be tempting to exaggerate or embellish certain aspects of your resume, but doing so will only dash your chances of getting hired. Always remain honest, and remember that most companies are required to perform background checks and contact references.
4. Try to avoid including unnecessary information. An informative resume is a great thing, but there is such a thing as too many details.
5. Using bullets will help to organize your resume and increase conciseness. They will also help to make your resume more reader-friendly.
No Experience Administrative Assistant Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Administrative Assistant job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Administrative Assistant resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: A highly organized, self-directed businesswoman with a demonstrated career history of working with and enjoying people....
Experience: 15 yrs 5 mo
Summary: I am seeking to work in a environment of and excellence. To enhance my working capacities, professional skills, busines...
Experience: 6 yrs 1 mo
Summary: Technically sophisticated professional with 15 years of expertise in operations management in the telecommunications in...
Experience: 14 yrs 6 mo
Summary: Award-winning, seasoned attorney who utilizes creative methods in delivering outstanding results for clients while prov...
Experience: 36 yrs 10 mo