A merchandise associate can work in a number of retail environments. Depending on the enterprise, the associate may decide or help stock the store or business with products for consumers. A quality objective will focus on your qualifications for this position and persuade your prospective employer to continue reading you resume. As such, the objective should be concise, but still highlight your greatest strengths as a candidate for the position.
What the Merchandise Associate Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Merchandise associates can be responsible for a large variety of tasks. At the most basic, you may just be stocking shelves and helping to unload delivery vehicles. However, higher positions work closely with vendors and managers to create a stock that will move quickly and satisfy the enterprise’s customers. Therefore, associates often have excellent decision making skills and may be on track to become managers in their later careers. Your objective should tell your prospective employers about your ability to make strong choices under pressure. Furthermore, organizational abilities are highly prized and necessary to keep accurate inventory records.
Sample Merchandise Associate Resume Objectives
When you write your objective, include the name of the prospective company to show a real interest in working with them. Also, mention the job title you are applying for to ensure clarity.
1. Organized individual looking for an entry-level Merchandise Associate position with XYZ Company that uses decision-making, communication and problem-solving qualities.
2. Searching for a Merchandise Associate position with XYZ Company to enable the use of interpersonal communication, IT knowledge and organizational skills.
3. Obtain a Merchandise Associate position with XYZ Company to utilize task management, analytical and decision-making abilities.
4. Looking to secure a Merchandise Associate position with XYZ Company to enable further career growth via developing managerial and organizational skills as well as commercial awareness.
5. Highly motivated professional with 10+ years experience overseeing inventory in a retail setting seeking a challenging Merchandise Associate position with XYZ Company
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Merchandise Associate @ Crossmark
Experienced Retail Merchandiser versed in using product placement, end caps and points of purchase displays to manufacturer's best advantage. Astute professional with goal-oriented nature promotes opt...
24 yrs 10 mo
Cashier/Retail Merchandise Associate @ Homegoods
Energetic, hard-working cashier valued for fast, friendly service and accuracy in handling customer transactions. Address customers’ needs while quickly moving them through the checkout process. Fri...
1 yrs 6 mo
General Merchandise Associate @ Target
Efficient General Merchandiser equipped to handle fast-paced work across large sales floors. Keep customers happy and buying with well-stocked, attractive displays. Offer strong knowledge of retail pr...
Merchandise Associate @ Lowes Home Improvment
Methodical Merchandiser experienced in producing sales through point-of-purchase and shelf management services. Skilled in analyzing sales figures and market trends and collaborating with buyers and d...
12 yrs 6 mo
Merchandise Associate @ TJ Maxx Distribution Center
Seasoned Sales Representative with exceptional success in business to business and business to consumer sales. Proven track record in exceeding sales goals, growing business. Accomplished in overseein...
6 yrs 6 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.