Physical therapists work to help improve mobility and strength or to possibly help reduce the pain that individuals might suffer due to an injury or disability. As your resume objective will likely be the first impression a prospective employer has of you and your job qualifications, making sure that your objectives are well-written and concise can help you to stand out among the other applicants.
What the Physical Therapist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Physical therapists must have a wide range of knowledge in many areas to be considered competent and experienced in their field. Some typical job responsibilities include administering basic manual exercises, evaluating treatment effectiveness, evaluating the fit of orthotic devices, and repairing medical support devices. Your objective should highlight the specialized knowledge and experiences that you have gained in these areas, as well as your ability to establish a friendly rapport with patients, your ability to create effective treatment plans, and your passion for the job.
Sample Physical Therapist Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objectives, let the employer know that you have a genuine interest in working for their company by using their company name. You should also highlight your qualifications and experience to help show that you would be the best choice for the position. Here are a few example objectives to help you get started on your resume:
1. Experienced, passionate, and ambitious physical therapist looking to gain employment with ABC Company.
2. Looking for a physical therapist position with ABC company that will utilize the specialized skills and knowledge gained in many years of experience.
3. Dedicated and determined physical therapist seeking a position with ABC company that encourages hard work, organization, and communication skills.
4. Highly motivated individual seeks a physical therapist position with ABC company that will allow the use of specialized knowledge and technical skill proficiency.
5. Looking to obtain a physical therapist position with ABC company that can benefit from an experienced and career-driven individual that establishes a winning rapport with patients.
Skills To Put in a Physical Therapist Resume Objective
When it comes to your job search, you must impress hiring personnel with your resume objective. In most cases, the reader will spend a few seconds looking over this section, so you want to make an immediate impact. You can do this by including the perfect combination of intangible and knowledge-based traits related to the physical therapist position.
To determine which mix of soft and hard skills to include, take your time reading through the job ad. Identify the requirements that best fit your qualifications. When choosing the set of skills to mention, make sure you include those that are integral to the daily tasks of a physical therapist. Below are samples of attributes you could include in the objective statement:
- Vast experience writing accurate evaluations, re-evaluations discharges, and daily progress notes
- Committed to learning cutting-edge treatment and rehabilitation strategies
- Knowledgeable about developing individualized plans of care for patients
- Certified by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Empathy for patients
- Excellent time management
- Strong manual therapy skills
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Adept at following agency policy and procedures
- Familiarity with translating all exercises into functional activities or activities of daily living
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain records with accuracy and discretion
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Physical Therapist @ Ascension Genesys Hospital
Driven Physical Therapist with an aptitude for collaborating with practitioners and following treatment instruction. Highly skilled in monitoring therapeutic outcomes and prescribing effective in-home...
30 yrs 1 mo
Per Diem Physical Therapist @ Genesis Rehabilitation
Hardworking, compassionate PT offering ~2 years of sub acute and long-term care experience. Experienced with various orthopedic conditions, external pelvic floor treatment, cardiovascular conditions, ...
1 yrs 10 mo
Physical Therapist Assistant @ Reliant Rehabilitation
Meticulous Student Nurse committed to bringing value to healthcare team. Acknowledged for excelling in academic and clinical units. Offers over 19 years of experience in healthcare roles. Previous exp...
18 yrs 4 mo
Physical Therapist & Chiropractic Assistant @ PTDC Deer Park
Highly motivated and committed Medical Assistant with proven history of superior performance at individual, team and organizational levels. Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workloads. Indep...
5 yrs 11 mo
Physical Therapist Assistant @ Nevada Therapy Solutions
Physical Therapist Assistant with experience in post operation outpatient, home health, skilled nursing and acute care settings. Communicates with all colleagues to enhance professional relationship a...
5 yrs 10 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.