An objective is a short statement at the top of a resume that tells a potential employer why you’re applying for that specific position. An Automotive Service Advisor works as a liaison between a customer and a mechanic. He or she is responsible for diagnosing the problem, offering particular services, and helping the customer make an informed decision.
What the Automotive Service Advisor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Automotive Service Advisors must have excellent customer service skills. This is a must in order for the repair center to secure and maintain clients. The advisors must also be knowledgeable about cars so that they can correctly diagnose issues and offer the right solutions. Unlike the mechanic, the Automotive Service Advisor is often the only person with whom the client comes in contact. He or she must be able to translate maintenance issues in a way that the client can understand. When creating a resume objective for this position, it can be a good idea to mention skills related either to customer service or to automotive knowledge.
Sample Automotive Service Advisor Resume Objectives
Below are sample resume objectives that you can tailor to the company to which you’re applying. The objective should briefly list your background, the name of the company, and what you can bring to the position.
1. Automotive Service Advisor with 10+ years of experience seeks position with ABC company in order to provide expert service to customers.
2. An enthusiastic, outgoing individual with an automotive background looking for position with ABC company as Automotive Service Advisor.
3. Obtain position as Automotive Service Advisor with ABC company in order to provide excellent customer service to diverse clientele.
4. Seeking position with ABC company as Automotive Service Advisor to meet the needs of customers through thorough car knowledge.
5. Looking to secure a position as Automotive Service Advisor with ABC company where skills related to both customer service and automotive knowledge will benefit clients and employer.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Motivated and personable with a successful 30-year track record of experience in the auction and dealership industry. I have met and exceeded business objectives and led/managed diverse teams. Talent ...
Hardworking Customer Service Representative with experience working with international customer base. Trained in project and time management with extensive knowledge of service delivery and proven mul...
19 yrs 8 mo
Service Advisor/Dispatcher with talent for working with people and problem solving. Strong knowledge of automotive service processes and automotive repair. Communicative and team-oriented with profici...
21 yrs 6 mo