Product Manager Resume Objective
A product manager develops products and oversees different aspects of their production. To obtain such a position, it is important to correctly craft your objective statement. Many employers read the objective to determine if they will continue to review the resume. Therefore, a properly written objective can be key to your receiving an interview and hopefully a job.
What The Product Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A product manager resume objective should outline your skills and how they qualify you for the position that you are seeking. Product managers must possess various skills, including research and analysis, product development, organization, budgeting, and more. These managers must be able to communicate effectively and sometimes recruit and train other workers. An objective should allude to the fact that you can fulfill all of these duties. If you already have experience, you want to state it, but if you do not, you should highlight your skills that would help you to fulfill those duties.
Sample Product Manager Resume Objectives
Product managers have many different duties. As such, you will not be able to share all of your relevant skills in one sentence. However, you can pick the skills that you believe to be most important and highlight them. To get an idea, consider the objective statements examples below.
1. Accomplished management professional with X years of managerial experience and strong analytical and budgeting skills seeking to transition to a product management position with a thriving company.
2. Results-driven graduate with exceptional management, organizational, research, and analysis skills desires to jumpstart career in an entry-level position with a reputable company.
3. Knowledgeable product specialist seeking to advance within the field and apply strong research, management, and communication skills to contribute to the advancement of a growing company.
4. Hard-working administrative professional with extensive project management, budgeting, and analyzing skills looking to contribute to a reputable company in the position of product manager.
5. Skilled product manager with over X years of experience seeking an opportunity to apply management skills and knowledge in a product management position with a successful company.
Skills To Put in a Product Manager Resume Objective
When writing a resume objective, keep in mind that this is your opportunity to show that you are a good fit for the job. To do this effectively, read the product manager job description and note the qualifications mentioned. Then make a list of your skillset and compare the two. Choose two or three skills that make both lists and include them in your objective statement.
It’s important to add a few soft skills to the mix. Employers need product managers who can work with a team and demonstrate leadership ability. Think about what personality traits you have that have helped you achieve success in your profession. Write a sentence or two that demonstrate how you’ve used them on the job.
Here are some top product manager skills for you to consider:
- Mastery of negotiation, collaboration, and presentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand and solve problems quickly and creatively
- Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office, email, and internet usage
- Experienced in product launch preparation, including creating brochures, etc.
- Able to connect with the public at consumer trade shows
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Able to influence others and perceive complex issues from different perspectives
- Management and maintenance of supplier relationships
- Able to gather and analyze market data to develop business strategies
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.