Shift Leaders are responsible for overseeing staff in the absence of a manager. This position requires strong leadership and customer service skills, as these positions are typically in service industries. Your resume objective is the first – and sometimes only – part of your application that a prospective employer sees. Composing a clear, focused statement encourages hiring managers to continue reading to learn about your qualifications.
What The Shift Leader Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Applicants for Shift Leader positions typically have industry experience, providing a foundation of knowledge that allows them to supervise workers in a variety of tasks. Leaders oversee food preparations, customer service, cash and credit card transactions, cleaning and supplies. Specific training can be completed on site, but it is important to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and communication skills to show prospective employers that you are the best-qualified candidate for the position. Shift leaders are also responsible for ensuring quality customer experiences, so your resume objective should highlight management experience, problem-solving skills and knowledge of guest etiquette.
Sample Shift Leader Resume Objectives
Including the name of the company in your objective statement is important for showing genuine interest to hiring managers. Use this statement to highlight industry knowledge and leadership qualities. The following examples can be customized for your resume:
1. Seeking position as Shift Leader with ABC restaurant that allows utilization of exceptional customer service skills and leadership experience.
2. Confident, proactive individual looking to provide excellent customer service to guests with results-oriented mindset and communication skills as Shift Leader with ABC restaurant.
3. Looking for Shift Leader position at ABC restaurant that can benefit from outgoing personality and leadership skills to manage employees and elevate guest experience.
4. Obtain a Shift Leader position with ABC restaurant that uses exceptional knowledge of service industry and guest relations etiquette.
5. Highly motivated individual with 3+ years experience seeking position as Shift Leader with ABC restaurant that enables use of team leadership skills and food service knowledge.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Server Shift Leader @ Laseters Tavern
Motivated, service-oriented Bartender with over 9 years high-volume restaurant experience. Extensive wine, beer and cocktail knowledge. Creative with developing new mixology recipes. Reliable and hard...
6 yrs 8 mo
Shift Leader @ Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Polished and professional team member skilled at counting money, processing payments and building relationships with patrons. Precisely handle all funds to maximize accounting accuracy and meet compli...
2 yrs 10 mo
Shift Leader Manager @ Pizza Hut
Proficient Shift Manager knowledgeable about scheduling, money handling and team management. Adept at handling all areas of operations. Eager to develop and advance professionally into a more challeng...
7 yrs 10 mo
Server /Server Shift Leader @ Pearl Restaurant NY
Professional and exceptional in guest satisfaction. Motivated,dependable,and capable of achieving high performance in any work environment. Exceeds all expectations in providing memorable guest experi...
21 yrs 4 mo
Deli Associate/Cashier/ Shift Leader @ Royal Farms Apartments
Hardworking and reliable worker offering 8 years of experience working in fast paced environments. Enthusiastic Prepared Foods Team Member accomplishing tasks efficiently, anticipating customer needs ...
4 yrs 3 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.