College Admissions Representative Resume Objective
In the world of higher education, there is a focus on getting students to attend a specific university, and a lot of that responsibility lies in the hands of a college admission representative. Having a solid resume objective that is focused, clear, and poised often persuades the hiring manager to continue reading through your resume.
What The College Admissions Representative Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Becoming an effective College Admissions Representative requires the performance of many different duties and having some essential skills. These include organization, outstanding communication (both interpersonal and as a listener), the ability to promptly and accurately answer questions, and sales experience. You must possess the ability to provide guidance and familiarize prospective students with a university. When writing your resume, you should showcase these qualifications in your objective statement to show you are fully capable and fit for this position.
Sample College Admissions Representative Resume Objectives
Include the name of the university you are applying for in your objective to show that you are dedicated and sincerely interested in working for that specific school. Here are a few examples of resume objectives to boost your resume:
- Looking for a College Admissions Representative position with ABC university that will utilize skills and experience in customer care and organization and prior college admissions knowledge.
- Seeking a College Admissions Representative position with ABC university to apply 10+ years of experience in admissions, sales, and both listening and interpersonal communication talents.
- Self-motivated, driven individual seeking a College Admissions Representative position with ABC university that could use strong organizational, guidance, sales, and admission skills.
- Efficient and proactive professional with admissions experience, ability to answer questions, and superior people skills, searching for a College Admissions Representative position with ABC university.
- Searching to secure a position as a College Admissions Representative with ABC university that enables the use of incomparable communication and sales abilities to enhance the number of college admissions.
Skills To Put in a College Admissions Representative Resume Objective
Your resume objective is your professional summary. It’s also one of the first resume sections hiring managers read. Therefore, it’s vital you list a mixture of hard and soft skills in this section and in your skills section. While hiring managers want to know you have the technical know-how they seek, they also want to see that you have the communication, problem-solving, or interpersonal skills critical to workplace success.
If you’re unsure as to which college admissions representative skills to include, mine the job description for clues. Hiring managers usually mention the specific skills they are looking for. Include these abilities in your resume objective, along with any other well-developed skills relevant to the advertised job.
A college admissions representative resume objective may include the following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English in verbal and written form
- Superior customer- and personal-service skills
- Experience in database interface and query software, such as Microsoft Access and Student Information Systems
- Advanced knowledge of electronic mail and scheduling software
- Strong knowledge of project management software, such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Superior active-listening and critical-thinking skills
- Working knowledge of social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.