Customer Service Supervisor Resume Objective
A customer service supervisor manages a team of customer service representatives to ensure their clients are receiving the best service possible. Make sure to highlight your strengths in the resume objective, as some employers won’t read past that if a resume isn’t matching up with the job requirements. By providing a clear and direct summary of your key skills, you’ll encourage them to continue reading your resume.
What the Customer Service Supervisor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The fundamental skills employers are looking for in a customer service supervisor are interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, customer service and leadership skills. A customer service supervisor will have to handle upset clients and frustrated employees. And they will need to be highly organized, able to help employees manage customer information and sales data. Computer skills and sales system knowledge is also a plus, and will be utilized in making returns and correcting inventory and shipping errors. A potential employer should be able to easily make the connection between your skill set and the responsibilities of the job.
Sample Customer Service Supervisor Resume Objectives
Be short and sweet with your objective, including the company’s name. See below for a few examples:
1. Obtain a position with ABC Company as a Customer Service Supervisor to utilize interpersonal communication and customer service skills, as well as leadership experience.
2. Searching for a position with ABC Company as a Customer Service Supervisor to use strong conflict resolution and customer service experience, as well as leadership and organizational skills.
3. Motivated individual with skills in personnel management and interpersonal communication and experience in customer service and conflict resolution seeking the role of Customer Service Supervisor with ABC Company.
4. Looking to acquire a Customer Service Supervisor position with ABC Company and apply strengths in computer system and personnel management, interpersonal communication and customer service.
5. Experienced individual with 10+ years in customer service role seeking Customer Service Supervisor position with ABC Company to utilize management experience and communication and organizational skills.
Skills To Put in a Customer Service Supervisor Resume Objective
As you write your objective statement, take advantage of its prominent location on the page to showcase your top skills. Make sure if this is the only part of your resume readers look at, it is enough to impress them with your qualifications and abilities.
Use the job description from each company to find keywords indicating what each one wants. Sprinkle in some of these keywords as you describe your skills to show your reader you are an ideal candidate. Don’t forget to mention soft skills in addition to more technical abilities. This allows your reader to glimpse some of your personality along with your job qualifications.
Here are some important skills to include in a customer service supervisor resume objective:
- Able to delegate intelligently and assign duties to team members wisely
- Confidence in and passion for the company
- Able to use critical thinking skills to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Expert in creating and using spreadsheets and data entry programs
- Excellent active listening and information retention skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to remain calm and self-controlled in all situations
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to handle complaints in a productive and positive manner
- Outgoing and engaging personality
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.