Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Bank Teller job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Bank Teller Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in a Bank Teller Resume Objective
Hiring managers sometimes have dozens of applications to read through. Naturally, they often do not have enough time to read each one fully, so they will read the resume objective to see if the jobseeker has the basic skills necessary to do the job. The objective statement is your chance to make a first impression, and you do not want to let it go to waste.
For a bank teller position, you need to focus on the skills that will come in handy most often that you actually possess. You also want to include a mix of soft and hard skills to provide the clearest portrait of you as an employee. Some great skills for a prospective bank teller to mention include:
- Ability to stand for hours at a time
- Knowledge of accounting and document management software
- Willingness to work holidays and weekends as needed
- Proficiency with check endorsing machines and currency counters
- Excellent customer service skills and friendly speaking voice
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience handling cash and counting money accurately
- Capable of selling bank services, including making cold calls
- Able to abide by the bank’s security program and follow code of conduct
- Ability to identify counterfeit bills
Bank Teller Resume Objectives
Bank Tellers act as the face of the bank as they complete routine tasks on behalf of individuals who do banking at that particular branch. In your objective statement, you have the opportunity to showcase your relevant skills. At the top of the resume, employers are eager to find a reason to pay attention to you, so use the objective area to demonstrate your math skills, customer service experience, and overall ability to exceed company expectations.
What The Bank Teller Resume Objectives Should Tell Prospective Employers
Resume objectives are your opportunity to show hiring managers why you are suited for the position. Because Bank Tellers are constantly interacting with customers, your willingness to be pleasant and courteous with each client is very valuable to employers. Applicants should demonstrate their experience adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing quickly and with a focus on accuracy. Small mistakes in a bank are devastating, so your resume objective should show the employer your commitment to correct accounting principles and your trustworthy track-record.
Sample Bank Teller Resume Objectives
Be sure to customize each resume to include the name of the company. This attention to detail will go a long way in presenting a favorable first impression. Here are some Bank Teller Resume Objectives to help you compose your own objective:
1. A highly-motivated individual with over 10 years experience handling money as a cashier seeking a position as a Bank Teller at ABC Bank that will allow the utilization of precise math skills and a quick eye for details.
2. Seeking a position as Bank Teller at ABC Bank to use excellent customer service skills and manage multiple interactions with accuracy.
3. Obtain a Bank Teller Position with ABC Bank that will benefit from an outgoing personality and calm demeanor to provide superb customer service to clients.
4. Looking for employment as a Bank Teller to utilize expert communication and computer skills to manage and maintain electronic files for customers of ABC Bank.
5. An individual who has demonstrated strong ability to manage financial accounts with integrity seeks opportunity to be employed as Bank Teller for ABC Bank.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.