Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
Building Your Event Manager Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
What Is an Event Manager?
Event managers are seasoned professionals who execute events conceived by event planners. They are responsible for organizing and managing all aspects of an event, as well as for managing staff such as event coordinators, servers, bartenders and others.
It is their job to ensure that all activities go as planned and that the guests have a memorable experience. They are responsible for resolving all hiccups arising during the events calmly and professionally, which takes a cool head and strong problem-solving skills critical in the role.
What Makes This a Great
Event Manager Resume Example?
Our event manager resume example was written by a certified resume writer who understands what hiring managers look for in top candidates. Study our examples to learn how to write a resume that will stand out from the competition and help you get hired.
Here are three ways our event manager resume example can help:
- Professionally-written content: Our resume writers use the most competitive industry keywords and professional language to demonstrate what recruiters look for in a resume. Use the content from our resume example as-is, or for more help, use our Resume Builder, which will make similar pre-written content suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Show a proper resume format: It’s critical to select a resume format that will best display your unique experience and skills. In this example, the job seeker uses a chronological resume format, which showcases her impressive career history. However, applicants with less experience should consider a resume format that highlights other parts of their background.
- Offers appropriate resume templates: Choose a resume template that suits the job you seek. Since event planning is an industry that requires creativity, a colorful resume design is typically an appropriate choice. However, if you are applying for an event manager role in a conservation organization, choose a more subdued design.
3 Event Manager Professional Summaries Examples
A flawless professional summary has the potential to persuade recruiters to consider you worthy of an interview. Study our resume examples to learn how to write a strong professional summary.
Here are three additional professional summary examples for your event manager resume:
- Passionate event manager with 10 years of experience in managing large-scale weddings and corporate events. Reputation for immaculate event execution exceeding client expectations. Skilled with effective organization and communication skills, and possess knowledge of operating advanced management tools like Social Tables and Trello.
- Award-winning event manager with seven years of experience in event management. Strong experience in managing corporate conferences, seminars and exhibitions for up to 5,000 attendees. Follow strict discipline and professionalism with a focus on using automation tools like Cvent Passkey for streamlining operations. Proven track record of effective leadership with efficient time and team management skills.
- CEM-designated event manager with more than three years of experience in event management. Specialize in managing social events like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and festive functions. An energetic individual with brilliant negotiation and communication skills. Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment, with proficiency in Zendesk and Microsoft Office.
3 Event Manager Work Experience Section Examples
One of the most critical aspects of your resume is the work experience section. Our event manager resume examples show you how to highlight your most impressive professional achievements. Study them to learn how.
Below are three examples that you might consider for your resume:
- Managed a mega charity event for army veterans with a budget of $100,000.
- Successfully organized a high-profile wedding with a guest list of 500 people on board a seven-day transatlantic cruise.
- Organized a 24-hour Yogathon in Times Square with a crowd of more than 200 participants.
Top Skills for Your Event Manager Resume
The skills section is a crucial section of your resume as recruiters assess whether you are the right fit for the job by considering your skill set. It must include skills that catch recruiters’ attention. Our resume examples provide numerous keywords for the skills section that hiring managers look for in an event manager. Below are some of the skills that our Resume Builder may recommend:
- Venue selection
- Contract preparation
- Trello and Social Tables
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Excellent communication
Find Your Ideal Job
Once you have built your resume, stay on top of your job search with Job Alerts. Once you sign up, we will email you when there are new event manager openings in your location.
Event Manager Plain Text Resume
Name: Carla Baldwin
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Event manager with eight years of experience in the events field. Strong project management and problem solving skills allow for superior customer service. Proven track record of creating fun and elegant events, from venue selection to set up to break down. Strong writing skills. Well connected with vendors in the greater Miami area.
November 2013 to Current
Company Name, City, State
- Plan and manage up to 150 corporate events and up to 75 weddings each year
- Manage service staff of 10-25 employees, including servers, bartender and bussers, offering constructive feedback for superior service
- Forge and maintain relationships with caterers, florists and other vendors to ensure quick and on-time installations and breakdowns of events
- Strong problem solving and project management skills kept planning on track
- Mastered contract negotiations and gained a reputation for bringing events to completion under budget
September 2012 to November 2013
Company Name, City, State
- Planned and organized on-ship weddings and celebrations
- Attend to start-to-finish details to ensure personalized service to guests
- Skilled in menu planning and floral design
- Received a 4.8/5 Star rating for customer service during tenure
July 2010 to August 2012
Company Name, City, State
- Fulfilled contractual obligations, including communications, vendor coordination and schedule creation.
- Accurately calculated and processed expenses during and after events.
- Maintained constant communication with clients via phone and email.
- Event sales
- Team leadership
- Contract negotiations
- Calendar management
- Client relations
- Budget development
Bachelor of Arts Meeting And Event Planning,City, State
Event Manager FAQs
What are the qualifications required to become an event manager?
One needs to have at least a bachelor’s degree to become an event manager. However, a degree in events and hospitality will be highly preferred. You can also get certifications online or enroll in institutes that provide event management certifications. You can undergo internships during your college and high school days as that will add to your experience and help in getting jobs, too.
Why should I become an event manager?
Being an event manager can be an exciting career opportunity for the right personality type. If you are a person who loves to problem-solve and interact with people in a fast-paced environment, this could be the perfect job for you.
What is the level of experience needed to become an event manager?
Many companies select event managers with no work experience, provided they have good organizing and managing skills. Event management is an industry where newcomers are regularly hired and learn things on the job. However, it is advisable to volunteer for organizing events in your school, college or community to have a basic knowledge of the event management world.