As an accounts payable specialist, your skills are in demand, and employers across almost every industry are urgently searching for candidates with your combination of proven abilities and personal traits. Use your resume to highlight your professional background, your education credentials, your certifications, and your on-the-job accomplishments. Start with a summary that highlights the overlap between what you have and what your employers need. Then divide the rest of your document into subheadings for education, experience, and specialized skills. Don’t forget to include your software proficiencies and management training. Use this accounts payable specialist resume example to guide your formatting and language decisions.
Professional Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
Standard Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Sample
Traditional Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
No Experience Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land an Accounts Payable Specialist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an Accounts Payable Specialist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Job-seeking Tips for Accounts Payable Specialists
As a job seeker, your ability to find jobs as an accounts payable specialist will be strongly influenced by your willingness to take the right actions. Having a concrete job search plan can go a long way. Here are some tips for finding jobs as an accounts payable specialist.
1. During periods of unemployment, many job seekers find themselves faced with endless amounts of free time. You can use this time to learn new skills or research the job market.
2. Planning ahead can drastically improve your chances of finding employment. Work with a career coach to create a cohesive plan for finding a job, or simply create one on your own. Either way, a plan will help you remain focused and motivated.
3. Boosting your social media presence is a great way to increase your chances of finding a job. Our society is becoming increasingly reliant upon the internet, and many companies are turning to social media to find prospective employees.
4. No one wants to be blindsided during an interview, so you should brush up on your interview skills. Make a list of commonly asked questions, and practice crafting the appropriate response. You can enlist the help of a friend or family member for this exercise.
5. For many job seekers, self-employment may seem like a pipe dream. This can be true in many cases, but if you possess marketable skills or expertise, you may want to consider creating your own job.
Resume Tips for Accounts Payable Specialists
Submitting a stellar resume is wonderful way to attract career opportunities. Regardless of your industry, you should always attempt to write the best resume possible. The following tips will help you create a resume that will impress even the most discerning hiring manager.
1. Using a unique format and layout is a great way to stand out from the crowd. No one wants to create a “cookie-cutter” resume, and writing your own resume from scratch can help you avoid this.
2. You should always include important contact information on your resume. This includes your name, phone number, geographic location, and e-mail address. Make sure that you only include one phone number – this will eliminate any potential confusion.
3. Avoid overused or robotic phrases such as “responsible for” or “duties included”. This will only make your resume sound uninteresting and bland. Always attempt to use more emotionally-charged language.
4. Your information should always be organized using bullets. This makes the resume more reader-friendly and concise.
5. Never overwhelm the reader with unnecessary or irrelevant information. Remaining focused will help make your resume more informative and professional, and excessive information will only distract readers from more important things.