Employers in search of a talented office manager look for resumes that demonstrate organization, detail orientation, and negotiation skills. Office managers tend to choose suppliers for office resources, and they sometimes handle scheduling and maintenance for office facilities. If you’ve held this role and earned respect and trust from your teams in the past, your resume should make this clear. Start with a concise, meaningful summary, then use this office manager resume example and fill in the details of each section below. Share your education credentials, your talents, and your track record of success with past positions.
Resume Tips for Office Manager
Your ability to find jobs as a office manager, or any other part of the nation, will largely depend on your willingness to take the right actions. By understanding the local economy and having a concrete plan, you can greatly simply your job search. Here are some easy, yet effective ways to find jobs as a office manager.
1. Many jobseekers forget to utilize their personal network in order to find job opportunities. Oftentimes, the people closest to you can inform you about jobs that have not been advertised yet.
2. Before embarking on a job hunt, you should create a concrete and easy to follow plan. Having a plan will drastically reduce your stress levels and help you to find a job faster.
3. When it comes to interviews, practice makes perfect. No one wants to walk into an interview unprepared, and practicing will help prevent this from happening to you. Enlist a friend or family member to help you answer routine questions.
4. During periods of unemployment, many workers find themselves faced with large amounts of free time. You can use this time to decide what you really want out of your next job. This will help you make sure that find a job that you enjoy.
5. Self-employment may sound scary to many jobseekers, but it can be a viable option for more ambitious and self-directed individuals.
Office Manager Advice
When it comes to finding jobs as a office manager, having a well-written resume can make a world of difference. Regardless of what part of the country you live in, or what industry you work in, you will more than likely have to submit a resume during the job search process. Here are some tips to help you write the perfect resume.
1. Always include your contact information near the top of your resume. This includes you name, geographic location, phone number, and a professional-sounding e-mail address. Remember, if an employer can’t contact you, they will simply choose another applicant.
2. Proofreading your resume will help you avoid making common grammatical errors. When your resume is riddled with elementary punctuation mistakes, it can make you seem uneducated and uncaring.
3. No one wants to hire a dishonest employee, and lying is one of the quickest ways to sabotage your job search. This is especially important since the majority of employers will perform a background check on you.
4. Consider including a career summary instead of an objective. A summary will give employers a comprehensive overview of your professional history, but an objective will only tell them what they already know.
5. Try to limit your resume to less than two pages in length. This is not a hard and fast rule, and there are occasions where it is acceptable to write more.
Office Manager Job Seeking Tips
The office manager plays a valuable role in any office, making seating plans, ordering office supplies and furniture, and much more. Office manager roles are in demand, but to land the job you’ll need a compelling resume. That’s where our resume examples can really help. Developed with the expectations of hiring managers in mind, these resume examples show proper resume formatting and include sample text you can apply or edit to meet your needs. Create a better resume today and boost your chances of winning the job!
No Experience Office Manager Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Office Manager job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Office Manager resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.