Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Summary Statement Example 1:
Results-oriented banking professional with over 12 years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions. Top performer with proven track record of consistently exceeding customer expectations and sales goals. Team player with solid verbal and written communication skills.
Summary Statement Example 2:
• Over 20 years of experience as a financial services professional
• Detail-oriented, analytical, dedicated, and highly focused banking executive
• Persuasive and informative presenter with high ability to identify needs and motivate staff
Summary Statement Example 3:
• Excellent and energetic team leader with more than 10 years’ expertise
• Adept at communicating complex fiscal processes and principles to clients and various professionals
• Exceptional financial and management skills to supervise retail banking teams using a professional and cordial approach
Summary Statement Example 4:
• Professional financial service representative with more than 12 years of banking experience
• Proven record of integrity, productivity, and accuracy
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of account ownership and banking regulations
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Keep each skill you list brief and succinct.
• Borrow language, phrases, and keywords from the posting.
• List between five and seven bullet points relevant to the targeted position and industry.
Select choices from our list of experiences when completing your banking and financial services resume template for Word:
• Proficiency for understanding the complexities of the financial planning industry
• Adept at preparing customer presentations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional marketing and sales expertise
• Ability to educate customers on best options for banking products
• Strategic planning and marketing expertise with qualifications in training and management
• Supervisory and management expertise
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.Get Started Today!
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
Business Development Officer, Vice President at First Bank / 2013 – Present / NYC
• Cultivate existing and new client relationships to maintain 93% retention rate.
• Manage all regulatory reporting for Broker-Dealer compliance with FINRA and SEC regulations.
Private Banking Manager at Capital Eastern Bank / 2012 – 2013 / NYC
• Successfully promote project management positions in private equity management for a team of 25 analysts.
• Supervise compliance with legal rules and regulations to manage large deposits accurately.
Assistant Vice President at PB Financial Services / 2011 – 2012 / NYC
• Over 20 years’ experience in regulatory and financial institutions.
• Designed structures for reducing credit card balances.
• Created statistical charts and reports to assist senior management with decision-making processes.
Banking Officer at HG Banking Services / 2009 – 2011 / NYC
• Planned, organized, and controlled finances for private wealth clients.
• Created strategies to streamline internal procedures between branches resulting in 25% increase in productivity.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• List seminars and training in chronological order.
• Place your highest level of education first.
• Unless you are a recent graduate, you do not need to include your GPA.
Use our banking and financial services resume template for Word that follows as a guideline.
Master of Business Administration / 2009
Columbia University / Finance / 2007 – 2009
Bachelor of Arts / Finance / 2004 – 2007
Credit Development Program / Fiduciary Banking / 2007
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative