We call this the Emphasis 1 resume template because it emphasizes style and flair without compromising readability. It also showcases the applicant’s name, which is arguably the most important detail and the key takeaway that we’d like employers to remember. Use this template to grab a little extra attention and set yourself apart in a crowded field of highly qualified competitors. Go one step beyond the status quo and give yourself a subtle edge by using a design that pleases the eye and divides your profile information into distinct and clearly separated categories.
Emphasis 1 Template Advice
Emphasis 1 Design
This unique resume template emphasizes modern style and flair, without sacrificing readability. Use Resume Builder’s powerful tools to quickly and easily fill in your template and build your resume. Then just save, print, and send!
Resume Tips for Emphasis 1 Template
Use the following tips to boost your potential as a prospective employee.
1. Modern networking requires a combination of face-to-face interactions and online searching. You can take advantage of employment-focused social media sites to create a professional profile that will extend your reach to employers. It’s also important to visit with peers and friends who may have connections to new job prospects.
2. Resolve to follow up on job prospects. If you don’t hear from employers after turning in applications, it’s okay to follow up with a phone call. Some employers might appreciate the extra effort you’re making.
3. Develop a positive attitude. The loss of a job can be frustrating and as the job hunt extends, you may begin to feel frustrated. Approach your job hunt as a long-term goal, not something that will be achieved within a short amount of time.
4. Be aware of your many options. You may have been working in one position for some time, but you might have developed some new skills over that time. Consider the possibility of a new occupation or doing the same job in a different industry.
5. Review your resume for any errors and to make necessary updates. You’ll find that tailoring the resume to fit each company to which you apply can boost your chances of getting an interview.
Emphasis 1 Template Job Seeking Tips
As you search for jobs with a emphasis resume, you’ll learn that the quality of your resume will have a substantial impact on the value and number of interviews you get. With this in mind, take a look at some tips for preparing a resume that stands out:
1. Keep your reader in mind as you prepare the resume. Choose words that are pertinent to the position for which you are applying. Keep things aligned and bulleted for easy reading. Try to avoid the use of personal pronouns, such as “I” and “me”.
2. Create a “Summary of Qualifications” and position it in the top third of your resume. This quick and convenient glimpse of your skills and accomplishments gives employers a chance to quickly recognize potential.
3. In each section of the resume, start with your most recent experiences. Employers often take just a few seconds to review documents before moving on to others. You want to be sure that the most pertinent information gets attention.
4. Keep your resume focused and concise. Everything you add to the document should be chosen with an interview in mind. Choose strong verbs and cut out anything that isn’t necessary, such as second phone numbers and information about hobbies.
5. Choose a resume design that isn’t just like everyone else’s. You might use a template as a guide, but if you don’t make changes to it, the document will end up looking like all of the others.