• Operates and maintains water and/or wastewater treatment equipment, ensuring compliance with state and federal environmental protection limits.
• Monitors and samples well and groundwater upon entry to the system. Adjusts treatment levels when below-standard variances are detected. Samples water prior to exiting system.
• Detects and reports atypical conditions, such as: damaged, malfunctioning and tampered meters, detecting and reporting leaks, high/low consumption, exposed wiring and other safety hazards.
• Conducts ongoing repairs to equipment, or shuts down equipment for more extensive maintenance and repair, activating alternate equipment as needed. Requests services of outside maintenance vendor for major repairs and overhauls.
• Activates pumps, valves and other processing equipment to move water through various treatment processes. Disposes of waste materials removed from water in line with Company procedures and government controls.
• Assists Lead Operator with emergency procedures in the event of overflow or spill of chemicals or unpurified water. Follows safety protocol.
• Adds chemicals to water by predetermined formula. Advises Lead Operator when minimum inventory levels of these materials have been reached. • Reads and interprets meters and gauges on central control panel, or at individual machines or stages in the treatment process. Adjusts controls as needed. Retrieves computer reports on treatment process.
• Prepares reports and maintains logs on meter readings, tests, chemical and equipment usage, and all other recordkeeping requirements; maintains various Company records and other reports as required by the state.
• Back-washes filters and basins; handles chlorine in a safe, effective manner; assures proper working order of chlorine-related equipment.
• Cleans and maintains treatment plant, pumping stations and wells; prepares and paints equipment, walls and floors.
• Ensures regulatory compliance and adherence to Company policies and standards.
• Maintains a safe working environment and reports safety concerns to Area Manager.
• Constant, independent travel daily between worksites on Company time.
• Must work On-Call in rotation as scheduled; responds to emergency situations as required.
I have been a candidate to go to Columbia, SC every so often to help out with our sister company to help with contract work dealing with water/wastewater help.
Job Titles Held: