Caring Mental Health Counselor with over 1.5 years of experience providing a wide variety of individual, group and familial counseling techniques and interventions strategies. Seeking a position combining psychological knowledge and applied behavioral techniques to assist clients in the mental health care field. Proficient in preparing and maintaining detailed treatment records and reports. Strong background in treating clients with Depression, Anxiety, Personality Disorders and Substance Abuse issues. I also have recent Telehealth experience post-COVID and a client-centered approach to challenge clients to work towards healing and self-sufficiency while emphasizing personal strengths and milestones.
● Completed 180-hour unpaid internship with the partial-care program assisting full-time counselors and therapists with providing individual and group counseling for clients with a dual-diagnosis of mental illness and substance abuse.
● Learned to develop and maintain treatment plans according to company and legal policy.
● Attended regular staff meetings and trainings (e.g. de-escalation strategies) to enhance communication and competency.
● Applied various counseling theories and techniques to multiple populations.
● Attended daily progress meetings with supervisor to review experiences and discuss improvements and accomplishments.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: