Highly skilled IT professional with a background in systems administration, maintenance and end-user training. Accomplished in designing solutions to achieve software compatibility and streamline system upgrades and installations. Talented in administering and maintaining complex systems, including Windows and Linux based operating systems, servers and specialized software. Seeking to leverage comprehensive IT experience to take the next career step in systems administration with a respected organization that values hard work, strategic thinking and results.
Responsible for the planning and coordination of updates, enhancements, and expansions of servers, storage (SAN), backups, and email. The position also manages and monitors corporate hardware and cloud environments; develops technical enhancements, solutions, and efficiencies.
· Effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations, to managers, customers, clients, other employees in the organization, and the general public.
Provide technical expertise in the analysis, design, installation, configuration and support of IT systems and applications in a manufacturing environment. Provide systems administration, maintenance and upgrades for Microsoft Windows, Virtual and AS400 servers. Identifies departmental requirements by establishing personal rapport with executive and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
· Assist in the management of servers in a virtual environment, workstations, computers, laptops, printers, handheld scanners, printers, routers, switches, wireless AP's and existing network applications.
· Monitor system performance and file utilization
· Monitor security and potential threats, vulnerabilities and implements appropriate course of action across servers and personal desktop and mobile devices.
· Ensures successful backup process, data recoveries and other disaster recovery contingencies.
· Support LAN, WAN connectivity and other networking systems.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts in AD and Exchange
· Install, upgrade and support departmental applications, Microsoft office suite, endpoint antivirus solutions.
Servers as helpdesk to support user request
Provide senior-level administration for evaluation, design, development, and ongoing support of IT systems and applications. Manage the execution and maintenance of all network infrastructure, system security, database, operations, and application upgrades. Communicate benefits, costs, and limitations of products and services with department supervisors to optimize savings through diverse internal and external resources. Monitor and resolve complex issues across multiple remote business units and determine appropriate requirements of system development, managing changes, and testing functionality of systems to ensure quality results.
· Upgraded and maintained state of the art 911 center (E911 and Geo Mapping Applications)
· Worked collaboratively with vendors to create full Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management Solution for Riverdale Police Department, including mobile program for patrol and criminal investigations – total cost of $500k – return on investment within first 3 years.
· Reduced annual telecom cost by 50% - incorporated VOIP over SIP solution and printing cost citywide - $20k yearly.
· Established data center that housed 22 servers – from ground up – Cisco Core switching and routing and Public Safety Systems.
· Reduced communications cost by 35% with internal audit of communication systems and practices.
· Implemented first Helpdesk Ticketing System – Open Source Solution.
· Improved Municipal Government Website (www.riverdalega.gov) delivering ease of use and resource portal for Riverdale citizens – fully functional online payment portal and citizen request database.
· Employed full network replacement - Cisco Routing and Switching on a POE platform using SIP technology.
· Worked with Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) – Technology Transformation of Law Enforcement Project (Georgia Crime Information Center, Metro Header sites).
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: