Highly motivated, dedicated, and multifaceted finance professional with 25 years of proven experience in finance management and accounting. Successful at optimizing control systems and building solid teams to meet business needs and achieve demanding financial targets. Good reporting, records management and interpersonal skills. Able to gain an in-depth understanding of intricate problems and finding effective solutions.
• Responsible for the financial management of one of Edelman's largest departments overseeing revenue recognition, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, month-end close, process compliance and staffing.
• Strategic partner and counsel to the Managing Director and Global/U.S. Digital Leadership Team.
• Responsible for managing Client relationships on all financial matters. negotiating contracts and rate cards, responding to New Business proposals and Audits, and providing financial counsel during status meetings.
• Collaborated with the NY Leadership Management team, as well as cross-department finance partners to ensure NY integrated scopes are staffed appropriately and executed efficiently
• Prepared scenario financial planning models identifying risk and opportunities, providing recommendations and business cases which allowed management to execute on strategic investment decisions.
• Created, implemented, and managed the new financial process to centralize the Creative Network team, allowing the department's performance to be tracked independently. This model was piloted in NY for one year, then rolled out U.S. wide.
• Provided Senior management with monthly financial package describing results to date, forward looking projection vs. budget and commentary around variances and trends.
• Created reporting templates and performed analysis on key financial trends for digital specialty categories on both the local and U.S. level, providing commentary and recommendations.
• Reviewed monthly fee and expense detail and analyze monthly financial statements for accuracy and explained significant variances to budget or forecast.
• VP, Client Finance responsibilities described below.
• Manage two Finance Managers and two Financial Analysts.
• Managed the U.S and Global Digital Practice P&L's, provided financial support and guidance to the Global Digital Practice Chair and the U.S. Managing Director.
• Provided strategic financial counsel to the NY Digital Managing Director, developing new process for tracking revenue for new specialty disciplines/capabilities. (Experiential Design, Technology, Digital Transformation, Analytics).
• Partnered with the Executive Producer on a business plan to create the financial and operational structure for the Video Production and the Creative Newsroom departments.
• Partnered with the U.S. Performance Marketing lead to implement a new operational process for how Performance Marketing is engaged and how revenue and spending are tracked across all digital offices.
• Senior Finance Manager responsibilities described below.
• Managed one Sr. Finance Manager, two Sr. Financial Analysts, and one Financial Analyst.
• Responsible for the financial management of NY Digital's P&L, including oversight of revenue recognition, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, month-end close, process compliance and staffing.
• Reviewed and approved Client Statements of Work, partnering with account teams regarding pricing client proposals, responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and developing budgets.
• Reviewed monthly fee and expense detail, analyzed monthly financial statements for accuracy and performed variances analysis vs. budget and forecast.
• Developed annual operating budgets and maintained accurate monthly projections.
• Analyzed management reports to identify areas of concern, as well as recommending corrective actions/improvements (e.g., client profitability, utilization, revenue risk, staffing plans, and other key financial metrics).
• Accountable for the accuracy of department's financials including client billing, pricing, receivables, financial statements, operating budgets and monthly projections.
• Ensured department compliance with US GAAP and business processes.
• Managed one Sr. Financial Analyst and one Financial Analyst.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: