Highly motivated, former military professional desires a leadership role that will apply training, education, and experience in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment. The desired position will utilize my practical problem-solving,
time management, attention to detail, and conflict resolution skills.
Campaigned and elected to a six year term to the Board of Trustees at Illinois Valley Community College.
Admitted to Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
Awarded the National Defense Service Medal, two Joint Meritorious Unit Commendation Ribbons, two Meritorious Unit Commendations, Navy Unit Commendation Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, Humanitarian Service Ribbon, and numerous Letters of Commendation.
* Directed, supervised, and evaluated a specimen-processing team of 20 to include: 14 military Medical Laboratory Technicians and 6 Civilian Health Care Technicians in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
in support of a 345-bed hospital and 11 outlying military health clinics.
* Trained, evaluated, disciplined, and documented the work performance of staff assigned to the department.
* Established work schedules and assignments of all staff to maximize effective use of resources to meet or exceed customer service needs/expectations and continuity of care.
* Prepared reports for the purpose of keeping supervisors apprised of the status of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
* Provided exemplary customer service patient care, and problem-solving in a department that served 150 patients per day from varying socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
* Developed and implemented department-specific procedures and quality control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of equipment, and compliance with all local, state. and
federal safety guidelines.
* Operated and maintained basic and complex computerized laboratory equipment used in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of patients specimens.
* Maintained and documented quality results by running standards and controls; verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance/advanced troubleshooting; calibrated equipment
utilizing approved testing procedures, and monitored quality control measures/results, notifying appropriate supervisors of any discrepancies or problems.
* Provided outstanding customer service utilizing effective communication skills to address questions concerning patient results, normal values, specimen requirements, and turn-around times.
* Flawlessly directed, coordinated, analyzed, evaluated, and recorded the flow of patient's specimens through the Chemistry Department from entry to exit during numerous computer down-times.
* Diligently and tirelessly worked to bring the shipboard laboratory from its reduced operating status to full-operational readiness in support of the ship's mission.
* Provided information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and blood banking in support of a 1000-bed Naval hospital ship.
* Performed 2500 highly-analytical laboratory tests on Haitian immigrants in support of the first-ever migrant-afloat processing center.
Developed and maintained a data base which included demographic information, clinical tests ordered, and the medical/immigration disposition of over 1700 Haitian immigrants.
Stood Quarter Deck Watch weekly which consisted of ensuring all personnel who boarded/departed the ship had the necessary credentials, the inspection of all packages being brought aboard, the supervision and direction of the Messenger of the Watch, and the maintenance of a Log Book--a chronological record of any circumstances of interest concerning the ship and her crew.
* Reviewed and revised 25 Standard Operating Procedures in the laboratory aboard the USNS Comfort.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: