Experienced Store Manager with over 8 years of managing teams, sales, and driving development. Proficient in staff development, driving sales, elevating the customer experience, and store operations, such as inventory and ordering.
· Ensure a unique customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their
needs and makes their day.
· Maintain strong communication with staff and customers to understand the challenges, needs, and successes.
· Create a shop environment where our brand values are brought to life in the shop's practices and the staff can speak to company messages and strategic goals.
· Demonstrate strong business acumen and understanding of the business metrics and
reports and how to impact them through behaviors on the floor.
· Develop leaders to ensure they are modeling best behaviors, coaching in my absence, and maintaining my high expectations in all their responsibilities.
· I engage the staff at every level of the business to ensure they are inspiring, motivated and building strong customer relationships.
·I demonstrate appreciation and encouragement through feedback and praise, being genuine
with my coaching and training.
· Delegate tasks and projects in shop with the intention of career growth and development
and promote staff opportunities for career growth.
· Prioritize time to understand my team's career ambitions, teach them what they need to
learn to get there, and follow up that they have retained, and mastered their new learning.
· Assess the business strategically to understand my staff and skill needs and prepare
my team to fill future roles I've anticipated and planned for.
• I take an active role in the staffing of the shop with top-performing staff by working actively with my markets to network, recruit, hire and succession plan.
· Lead by example by following clearly laid-out interview processes, documenting my
decisions and making clear and correct choices when hiring, and promoting in timely way
that upholds a high hiring standard.
• Create business-informed schedules, prioritize tasks, delegate, and follow up appropriately for the development of the team's skills and abilities.
• Helped open the first Aveda Institute in Nashville. Oversaw over 150 students, and my retail team. Worked closely with the Director of the school to insure the students were educated on the products, including ingredients and how to use them, and the Aveda selling cycle and customer experience.
• Was over all the operations of the entire school, including ordering for the salon and retail store, inventory of the salon and retail store, scheduling retail staff, and booking appointments for the cosmetology and spa class.
• Through training each staff member and student body to insure the unique Aveda customer experience was being applied to all customers.
• Communicated sales goals daily and coached through behaviors to drive sales through customer interactions.
Coaching and feedback:
• Consistent coaching and feedback with staff and student body to insure the unique Aveda customer service was being implemented, to celebrate the wins, and to help growth in the staff and student body.
• Was able to train others to move up with in the company through coaching and feedback.
• Scheduling to the needs of the business. Knowledge of peak times and scheduling the correct staff to help drive sales.
Salon Biz/Spa Biz
• Ability to book, adjust, or add to appointments f or customers services.
• Maintained inventory to help improve shrink over 500 different products.
Ordering to support the business needs and the student cliental.
• Assisted store manager in driving sales through coaching and in the moment feedback.
• Was over ordering to the needs of the business, training new sales advisors, and shop inventory.
• Insured every customer was being met with the same unique Aveda customer service through coaching the staff.
•Trained new hires and seasonal staff member on the unique Aveda selling cycle.
• Maintained inventory to help improve shrink
• Ordering appropriately to support the business needs
•Grew with in the company from a seasonal hire all the way to store manager of the second highest volume store in my region.
•Supervised a staff over 25.
•Drove sales through coaching and in the moment feed back.
•Was over inventory for entire store, scheduling to the needs of the business, executing plannograms, and staff development.
•Developed my Assistant store manager to a Store Manager.
Job Titles Held: