Experienced manager with almost 20 years of customer service and sales experience, along with education and experience in the field of Accounting. Very organized with strong attention to detail. Good with multitasking as well as performing the day-to-day tasks without losing focus or diminishing in attention to detail and accuracy. Experienced in the use of several different computer programs, can type 60+ wpm and use 10-key by touch with a speed of approximately 175 characters per minute with 100% accuracy. Looking for a full time, stable career and becoming an ongoing asset to the company as well as customers.
* Determined tasks to be accomplished each day and delegated those tasks to make the most of each employee's skills and to make the shift as time-efficient as possible
* Completed all daily and weekly paperwork in a timely manner
* Helped to train new employees and provided additional training for current employees to prepare them for promotions
* Developed in-store sales incentives along with creating and implementing a tracking system for the promotion as well as meeting and surpassing personal sales goals on a regular basis.
* Participated in quarterly store inventory and completed occasional partial inventories per company guidelines as well as cycle counts 3 times per week
* Prepared daily deposits and change requests, including daily trips to the bank
* Completed all computer-based training and surpassed the required training for my position
* Participated in the reset of 10 stores in the district, including movement of shelving, organization of product, and passing along that information to others
* Participated in district conference calls, placed calls to request building repairs, made orders, prepared shipments, received inventory, and created weekly schedules, along with customer service, cash register use, and inventory maintenance
* Helped with the store closing sales of three stores in the area, including the sale and removal of store assets and the return of unsold items to the distribution center.
* Prepared food and handled the cash register
* Trained new employees and updated existing employees on preparation of new menu items
* Counted the till at shift change
* Helped create the weekly schedule
* Performed weekly inventory on all food items to prepare for the weekly supply order
* Received food supplies every week and rotated and stocked inventory upon arrival
* Responsibly served patrons food and beverages, making sure to follow all Wisconsin state serving laws and guidelines.
* Handle sometimes unruly customers in a calm yet assertive manner while not disrupting the other customers.
* Counted down the till and slot machines at the end of the night, keeping accurate records of the money collected from each slot machine and making a bank deposit
* Responsible for all the payroll, including all federal and state payroll taxes, for multiple employees
* Maintained accurate financial records for every aspect of the business following all standard Accounting procedures
* Filed quarterly and yearly taxes, both federal and state
* Closed and reopened the business accounts to incorporate a change in ownership
* Introduced and implemented more accurate and efficient record keeping procedures
* Advised the owners of more cost-effective business practices
* Determined price of new products to increase business profits
* Answered the telephone and transferred the calls accordingly or took messages.
* Arrived to work on time and dressed in professional attire
* Kept track of all hours worked using a manual time sheet
* Filed paperwork and created files for new clients
* Completed the yearly paperwork reduction, including removing outdated paperwork from files while retaining all paperwork containing required information such as legal signatures
* Followed proper procedures for destruction of paperwork containing sensitive or personal information
* Kept a strict level of confidentiality in all my duties
Currently attending online schooling. Estimated graduation date is August 2013. Included is courses in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger, and Accounting software as it pertains to partnerships, corporations, and small business.
Currently half way through the bachelor's degree program in Accounting online. Took some time off of school but plan on returning in the fall.
Courses included general accounting principles, general ledger, taxes, introduction to payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. Completed the 18 month course in 3 months with almost a 4.0 GPA.
Took classes at WITC during the 1997-98 school year but didn't receive a degree. Financial problems caused schooling to be discontinued at that time. Classes included Business Math, Spreadsheets (Excel), General Accounting, and Business Law.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.