A dynamic professional with extensive capacity building initiatives and more than 15 years of progressive experience building mutually beneficial organizational partnerships, leading highly effective teams, and delivering innovative strategies to promote accountability and awareness around diversity and inclusion, improve employee engagement, building productive teams within organizations, and lead positive organizational change.
Develop and promote extensive D&I embedded training programs extending from workshop design, learning sessions implementation, and effectiveness evaluation including data collection and analysis conducted at variety of educational levels across the educational profession. Training and empowering professionals on initiative follow up sessions to ensure effectiveness including data collection, data analysis, and attendee's feedback to assist in making appropriate decisions.
Background “Failure is not an option” .
As a young immigrant to the United States, residing in the Kansas City area “home” able to mix, match, and examine personal values, and cultural differences to excel in such diverse society. Excelling not limited to schooling, degrees, and certificates. I was able to utilize my own diversity and exercise my own self-development and growth within the working business structure, lead in teaching new generation within the American public schools, bring international differences together at Qatar University, and able to capitalize on cultural differences within the Qatari public school system.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Derive performance through organizational vision and mission
· Organizational capacity building
· Developing and training effective leaders
· Effective communication skills training programs
· Project management and organizational goals
· Cross teams and cross discipline management
· Staff development for common goals
· Program development and data driven decisions
· Change management and identifying obstacles
· Defining staff strength and development
Diversity and inclusion:
· Created effective connection between 3 entities within the Qatari educational system which addressed a comprehensive diversity and inclusion development strategies. Qatari education system included Students, Teachers, and Administrators where each section included parents, supporting staff, and ministry of education officials respectively.
· Created diversity identification process through workshops training, program implementation, and progress evaluation. The diverse makeup of Qatari education including staff commonly ignored by leaders in the field.
· Evaluated diversity and inclusion organizational progress as programs adopted and implemented allowing administrators and decision makers to buy in the new development and overcome untouched obstacles.
· Integrated diversity and inclusion best practices throughout the workforce and talent recognition process for multiple divisions.
· working diligently with team of professionals to determine organizational change challenges, design training and change road map, execute plans based on organizational needs.
· Create a follow up team to monitor progression in organizational change over 3 years timeline.
· Allow stakeholders to monitor effective change within the organization through data and reports.
· leading a team of 20 professionals to evaluate organizational needs using triangular data collection and analysis
· Implemented a talent acquisition strategy to accommodate the business goal of 30% headcount growth with new, specialized functions.
· Instituted and managed a staffing model, which predicted seasonal hiring demands for the US-based client contact center and optimized resources to achieve a 90% service level.
· Established a talent selection process for hiring managers to uncover and counteract hidden biases to properly identify talent resulting in a more diverse candidate pool.
Effective Leadership and styles:
· Managed multi-site and multi-functional teams of nonexempt and exempt management and non-management employees for more than 7 years.
· Led teams through large organizational change and ensured equitable job placement for staff after an internal workforce realignment.
· Mediated complex business partner relationships to achieve desired outcomes for high net worth clients.
· Directed the high quality and timely service delivery of an operational business team.
· Established a multi-division business partner committee to educate business partners on industry news, product developments, and potential issues effecting their client base which led to more timely, open communication among divisions and increased ease of doing business.
· Delivered high-impact communications to clients including responses to sensitive account and business changes resulting in decreased external client complaints.
· Rallied more than 50 hiring managers across 3 sites, regional recruiting teams, and senior business leaders to develop and take ownership of a rapid hiring effort which resulted in the successful launch of a new business implementation.
2011-Present Qatar University Doha, Qatar.
Professional Development Specialist-Leadership Program
· Teaching Seminar course (Univ-100); the course is designed to equip first-year students with the knowledge and skills needed for their personal growth and academic success. The course is designed on three components: know yourself, know your campus, and know your society and the world. Students will be engaged in activities that promote critical thinking skills through free reading, civic engagement and research topics related to the Qatari community. This emphasizes students' role as citizen scholars in society and develops skills necessary for life-long learning.
· Training school teachers on employing technology in teaching students for two consecutive years through the extended teacher program implemented by the Ministry of Education and High Education (MOE).
· Capitalizing on technology in education, leadership trained on utilizing computer programs to monitor teacher performance and student progress as well as student behavioral issues. Data collected and analyzed to determine best preventative programs for implementation. Programs' success is also determined using data collected and computerized programs for analysis.
· As a Capacity building and professional development specialist, I am currently leading the organizational operation of 7 national and international professional development programs and projects. Each project consists of several content specific professional development specialists and complete training packages implemented in more than 40 Qatari public schools.
· In the meantime, I am responsible for designing organizational professional development needs assessment tools, developing strategic intervention plans, and creating effective implementation strategies, which include all necessary training. Professional development plans include organizational, departmental, and individual improvement strategies including agreements from all stakeholders to ensure effective results. All outcomes from each individual/organizational training session measured, monitored, evaluated and documented. Responsibilities are not limited to the development and implementation of intervention strategies, periodic reports and annual reports including evaluation and evidences from a team of 20 professionals are generated, compiled and ready to be shared with the public in form of “Annual Forum”.
2002- 2011 Hickman Mills School District Kansas City, MO.
Mathematics Teacher/Department Coach and Trainer
Responsibilities included training teachers and staff members in the following areas:
· Maintaining 5 years teaching Mathematics using computerized programs and evaluating student progress.
· Combining 2 teaching programs; computer based student learning and Bench marking system to capitalize on student achievement and student progress
· Classroom management styles to minimize discipline issues.
· Differentiated instruction with a mix of four different lesson delivery methods that include new technology.
· Design and develop lesson plans aligned with the district's GLE's, Missouri State standards, and pacing guides.
· Development of standardized common assessments, data analysis, and re-teaching/intervention strategies.
· Practicing differentiated instruction capitalizing on relevance and rigor.
· Assist other teachers with data driven instruction based on common assessments.
· Collaborate with math teachers on data collection and data analysis.
· Establish grade level common measurable “SMART” goals for student achievement as measured by the “MAP” State assessment.
Built an aquarium design and maintenance business from scratch and was able to reach one of the top 3 companies in kansas city
review clients employment needs
search for professionals with appropriate skills
create a match between employees and employers
fulfill clients regulations in assigning new employees
Job Titles Held: