STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY & DATA ENGINEERING LEADER
• Invented many unique data security patent solutions, registered with USPTO, for end to end Information Protection using (C++, Java and Python) leading to savings of $3 million per year in Total Cost of Ownership, IRS R&D tax rebate, and maintenance costs.
• Demonstrated 20+ years of Cybersecurity Leadership experience with extensive international exposure.
• Information security professional with significant skill in building and leading high-performance teams to drive positive results. A motivating leader dedicated to creating organizations with a focus on risk mitigation and Security management.
• Proven success developing the risk based information security strategy, safeguarding networks, application, and data across the $50 billion telecommunication business units globally.
• Headed many complex projects from architecture and design to development and delivery, while establishing relationships across peers and matrix leaders.
Earned selection by management to lead gap analysis to develop system wide security baseline, implement data governance, risk and control models. Advise senior leadership and stakeholders on all aspects of security compliance, system wise security strategy, and recent regulations. Supervised 5 direct member, highly senior information and security architect team and 27 matrixed (onshore and offshore) resources in all enterprise operations. Chaired internal and external audits and respond to risks and mitigate vulnerability issues.
• Integrated coordination and orchestration of identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security risks and deliver on risk outcomes that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, including COBIT, SOC2, ISO 2700x, PCI-DSS, NIST CSF, FedRAMP, GDPR, and CCPA.
• Experience working with network devices (switches, routers) and server workstations in endpoint security and Point-in-time malware detection using one-to-one signature matching.
• Encouraged team collaboration and motivated individual employees through positive reinforcement and technical recognition.
• Streamlined and automated internal processes to improve overall workflows.
• Closely partnered with CI/CD pipelines to integrate security tool automation such as SAST, DAST, IAST, and Issue Tracking on JIRA and secured standard cloud services Docker and Kubernetes
• Broad understanding of Information security disciplines, Governance, Cyber Threat, Identity and Access, vulnerability management, Data Protection, Operations, Application, Incident Response.
• Ensured Security threat hunting was carried out regularly on top of penetration testing to mitigate discovered vulnerabilities and malicious activity inside the organization
• Enforced layered security defense by combining multiple mitigating application security controls to protect resources and data.
• Seamlessly Migrated Customer Journey Analytics Application and VMs from AWS to hybrid hyper-scale Azure during the Mergers and Acquisitions of telematics and Yahoo.
• Amplified development, and implementation of a comprehensive broad set of security technologies and processes (Application Security, data protection, cryptography, key management, IAM) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS cloud and Hadoop environments
• Mobilized AWS, Azure Application Security Assessment to reduce security risks around the application's cloud implementation and identify any high-risk vulnerability that can lead to an attack and secure them against new and existing threats
• Delivered information management projects and BI implementation through the full secure SDLC.
• Engineered data Verification/validation functions for data solutions and robust system performance.
• Designed and implemented data solutions by defining functional capabilities, , security, back-up, and recovery specifications for BCM programs including DR/Business Continuity.
• Inspired team members and direct reports by providing day-to-day guidance, feedback and on-the-job coaching, Implemented education programs on user awareness and security compliance.
• Architected and Implemented deep security as a service to augment AWS, Azure cloud security with complete protection for cloud workloads
• Expanded efficiency of offshore/Onshore teams by 40% by adopting agile project management frameworks using various tools like Microsoft Project, JIRA.
• Stimulated DLP by 75% for file activity and database activity monitoring using IBM Guardium tool.
• Enhanced efficiency of DevSecOps team by 40% by using a combination of Kanban and Scrum to track projects and ad hoc requests and by including security by design at every step of the SDLC.
• Accelerated proof of concept and proof-of-technology testing for integrating new 3rd party security products (e.g. Microfocus Voltage for encryption) into the development and deployment processes.
• Slashed TCO by 30% and increased the throughput performance 70% by managing a Teradata Tech refresh to move from Hardware TD 6680 to TD 6800 along with TD13 to TD15.10 upgrade.
• Maintained a culture of delivering quality projects within time, scope, and approved budget.
Delivered disaster recovery programs,; leading and directing the work of others; and taking care of budget and staffing matters. Mitigated project and design issue by effectively aligning business requirements, IT strategy and performance goals with leading edge technical solutions that enhanced stakeholder satisfaction, increase productivity and reduced costs.
• Coordinated with Corporate Security and individual business units to review and understand their DLP activities, and articulated the impacts clearly and concisely, offering practical solutions and best practices for prevention and remediation activities.
• Subject matter expert knowledge in Information Technology, Information Security, Hadoop, and Data warehouse solutions and distributed platforms.
• Engineered Data Loss Prevention software solution negotiations, slashing cost by $9M for Verizon wide deployment by significantly enhancing data and operational security for the Verizon Enterprise Risk and improved PII, CPNI and PCI compliance.
• Orchestrated with AquaSec for securing the virtual container environments from development to production, accelerating container adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
• Incorporated engineering, architecting, and managing solutions across all IAM areas including Identity Governance & Compliance, SSO, Authentication (SAML, Kerberos, & NTLM).
• Formalized and mapped the NIST and COBIT framework to the original EDW security model.
• Implemented NIST functions to Protect, detect, and respond for uninterrupted delivery of services.
• Executed the functions of Oracle/Teradata DBA and Oracle/Teradata developer at different times.
• Organized necessary functions of Unix/Linux system admin and security admin.
• Hands on experience successfully delivering in an agile/DevOps environment, working closely with stakeholders & functional department customers.
• Enabled solutions for business and government customers including: enterprise mobility, Hadoop, cloud, and security offerings.
Formalized, and managed information technology (IT) projects. Motivated and guided the work of IT staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Boosted progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
• Enhanced end user satisfaction 50% by writing and publishing internal SLAs between Business and IT and leveraging Event Stream Processing (ESP) Control to monitor, create, and distribute reports to management for analysis of meeting SLA targets.
• Designed and implemented engineering projects that exceeded client expectations and bolstered revenue opportunities.
• Increased efficiency more than 50% by managing development of an application to help improve service management workflow to bridge communication gap between business and IT.
• Orchestrated end-to-end IT/business transformation effort that reduced service delivery by 50%.
• Monitored contracts and service level agreements to identify potential risks and implement mitigation actions to protect development process from unforeseen delays and costs.
• USPTO Security Patent # 9519805, Digest Obfuscation for Data Cryptography
• USPTO Security Patent # 9210132, Protecting subscriber information from third parties.
• USPTO Security Patent # 9122880, Sensitive personal information data protection.
• USPTO Security Patent # 9037861, Enhancing data security using re-encryption.
• A value based approach to data security. Security Studio @ Verizon IRVING, TX
• Is Privacy regulations killing the business? Teradata Analytics Universe, LAS VEGAS, NV
• CHAIRPERSON, Unified Data Architecture Product Advisory Council (UDAPAC) 2017 - 2019
• Chair for multi-organization executive leaders to layout future security product roadmap for Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, cloud and open source related security products.
• Chartered Professional Engineer: Institution of Engineers AUSTRALIA, IEEE
• Australian Computer Society, ISC2
• CISSP, CCSP (in April 2020). • Hortonworks Hadoop Developer.
• Teradata Master. • Oracle Master.
• Hortonworks Hadoop Admin. • UNIX System, Security & Network Admin.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: