Results-focused professional with extensive experience in accounting management, value creation and team leadership with strengths in problem resolution, communication, and collaboration. Strong relationship builder who works well with customers and corporate partners. Motivating leader with proven ability to attract, build and retain high-performing teams.
Helped convert from J.C. Penney legacy inventory systems to Oracle Retail Merchandising System, transferring data and double-checking for accuracy.
1) Redesigned J.C Penney's Shared Service Center Operational Excellence program to be more relevant in a service-oriented organization:
- Recruited, hired, and trained 6 exempt associates to focus on Lean methodologies and drive center initiatives; team's projects resulted in the reduction of 20 FTE ($800K)
- Spearheaded Lean Six Sigma White Belt and Green Belt training and mentoring initiatives for 400+ associates; 98% of participants were certified and projects generated savings of $900K in 2015; $750K in 2016
- Implemented an associate suggestion and recognition program which cultivated continuous improvement ideas and enthusiasm for the program; 1,000 ideas submitted within 90 days
- Utilized centralized metrics, benchmarking, and budget vs. spend analysis to identify opportunities and drive a process improvement culture; reduced center's supply expense by $11K in 2014 and travel expense by $20K in 2015
- Administered the center's $20M budget/forecasting cost effectively; reduced month-end reclassification journal entries and process time by 80+ hours and streamlined processes through automation in Hyperion
Chairman's Award - Finance
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: