Over 7 years in Information Technology, with extensive experience managing major organizational initiatives (utilizing Agile project management frameworks, most notably Scrum ). Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM), SAFe Agilist (SA), Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) and Kanban Management Professional (KMP-I & KMP-II).
Coached/trained/mentored teams after an acquisition implementing Scrum
Expertise using Agile Life Cycle (ALM) Management tools, including Rally (4+ years), VersionOne (4+ years) and Jira (4+ years).
Served as ScrumMaster of many of sprints involving multiple teams in the U.S. and China (both 3rd party vendors sourcing teams and teams of remote employees).
Familiarity with large scale Agile/Scrum environments (SAFe and LeSS).
Agile Project / Program Management
Agile/Scrum Coach & Trainer, ScrumMaster
Building high-performing, empowered Agile teams.
Enterprise Agile/Scrum Transformations
Kanban / Scrumban
Test-driven Development (TDD)
Lean Software Development
• Served as ScrumMaster and facilitated Scrum activities including backlog refinement, iteration planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, release planning, and sprint review.
• Initiated and facilitated a ScrumMaster Community of Practice (CoP) to provide support for new ScrumMasters and supported the enterprise agile transformation needs.
• Responsible for managing the team using Scaled Agile Framework to deliver critical, time sensitive services and artifacts required to support the program
• Assisted RTE with PI planning, release planning readiness and release planning activities.
• Conduct Big Room Planning.
• Led 2 week time boxed Sprints supporting several simultaneous releases in varying states of the life-cycle
• Updated agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
• Tracked, prepared and delivered team metrics/sprint/release progress and communicated to teams, management and Program stakeholders
• Improved Lean and Agile practices at Enterprise level to promote synchronization, alignment, and flow.
• Advance Agile, DOJO implementation in team.
• Lead and facilitate Scrum Of Scrum (SoS).
• Initiated Business Agility concept.
Scrum Master for multiple teams (Systems and Dev) under SAFe, while ensuring teams are practicing the core agile principles regarding collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Facilitates Scrum events, as needed
• Recommended changes to help increase the productivity of the Scrum Team(s) and adapted either Scrum or Kanban methodologies based off team needs
• Facilitates Release Planning to help identify dependencies and while creating a healthy environment for Product Owners, Development Team Members, and Stakeholders to negotiate time, scope, and budget
• Coaches Agile teams on Agile Software Development practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, CI and XP
• Serves the team by exposing impediments, coaching the team on impediment removal, and partnering with leadership on removing impediments outside the capabilities of the team
• Coaches Agile Teams on successful story decomposition by making large items small, deliverable chunks of work
• Teaches Agile Teams how to write good User Stories with good Acceptance Criteria following INVEST model
• Committed to making work and progress visible to both those on the team and those outside of the team
• Contributed to the creation of user stories to help the team and organization understand how the project fits into the big picture
• Collaborated with other teams in each project and reviewed/refined the strategy based on the organizational needs
• Helped in guiding multiple teams and the organization on how to use Agile, Lean, Scrum, Kanban practicesand values
• Coaching the team to higher levels of agile maturity within a sustainable pace of change
• Built a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame; with an emphasis on problem-finding and problem-solving
• Facilitated discussions, decision making, conflict resolution and delivery of committed work goals
• Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information in the organization
• Supported and educated Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming, planning, and maintaining the product backlog
• Delivered cross team metrics and dashboards to facilitate continuous improvement and transparency to the rest of the organization
• Assessed the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization; defined either the right approach/strategy to grow that maturity level and deliver on it
• Solid understanding of Agile practices, including: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Ceremony facilitation, etc.
• Experience in enabling and growing collaboration across multiple development teams
• Excellent communication, facilitation and mentoring skills
• Ability to work with distributed teams
• Acted as a Jira admin, including process customization and custom reporting
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: