Ambitious Revenue Officer ready for a new position where excellent analytical and research skills can be fully utilized. Extremely detail-oriented with experience examining, researching, verifying, and evaluating various financial statements and data. Vastly skilled with MS Office Suite and experienced with statistical software Stata. Seeking to take next career step with an organization offering opportunities for professional advancement.
The IRS is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and one of the world's most efficient tax administrators. The IRS is organized to carry out the responsibilities of the secretary of the Treasury under section 7801 of the Internal Revenue Code. Section 7803 of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the appointment of a commissioner of Internal Revenue to administer and supervise the execution and application of the internal revenue laws. As a Revenue Officer, I accomplish the following tasks:
• Collect delinquent tax and secures delinquent returns from taxpayers who have not resolved their obligations in response to prior correspondence or other contact.
• Counsel taxpayers on their tax filing, deposit and payment obligations actions needed to bring taxpayers into full compliance. Provides guidance and service on a wide range of financial problems to assist the taxpayer toward a positive course of action to resolve tax issues.
• Conduct interviews with taxpayers (and/or their representatives) with the purpose of securing complete financial information and assessing the taxpayer's ability to pay outstanding tax obligations.
• Work with the taxpayers and their representatives to develop a plan of action to resolve all delinquencies. Takes enforced collection actions, when appropriate.
• Perform credit and financial analysis of the taxpayer financial records to determine the taxpayer's financial condition and ability to pay outstanding tax obligations and prevent future delinquencies.
Analyzes financial information and evaluates assets.
• Evaluate and compares taxpayers' financial information to internal and external sources to verify taxpayers' financial condition.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who make $55,000 or less who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. In addition to VITA, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. As a Tax Preparer, I accomplished the following tasks:
• Completed and successfully became certified in tax law training, including the use of electronic filing software.
• Provided free tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers.
• Reviewed tax returns completed by other volunteer tax preparers.
• Ensured that every taxpayer received top quality service and that the tax returns were error-free.
As a rising senior at Allegheny College, each student is required to complete a Senior Thesis of the topic of his/her choosing and has to relate with their major field of study. The title of my research project is "Empirical Analysis of Ethnic Diversification on Corporate Performance". The purpose of my topic was to comprehend the effects of having a diverse workforce and how that correlates to the company's overall performance. Tasks that I had to accomplish include the following:
• Reviewed numerous scholarly articles to collect reliable information regarding my topic.
• Researched more than 100 companies' financial reports listed on the Forbes' list and assembled a spreadsheet containing all necessary data to perform proper regression models.
• Performed statistical analysis using Excel and STATA regressions to decipher whether or not certain factors of a company have an impact on the company's performance.
• Presented my findings, in a formal setting, to other professors in my field of study.
August 2016 to May 2019
Allegheny College Special Interest Group
The sole purpose of M.O.C.A.A. is to seek various ways to retain the men of color population at
Allegheny College. M.O.C.A.A. strives to increase the retention rate of men of color at Allegheny College through intervention processes of peer mentoring, philanthropy, and community service by providing meaningful experiences inside and outside of the classroom. Throughout my time at
Allegheny College, I have performed the following tasks for the organization:
• Managed and motivated organization's members to strive for success while coordinating events and problem solving any issues that arose.
• Worked closely with the school's IDEAS (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, & Social Justice) Center staff to organize various events throughout the school year.
• Conducted an annual fundraising event with local volunteer groups with proceeds towards Toys for Tots.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: