Shayla is a pharmacy technician with over 5 years of experience. Who has an overall responsibility to provide friendly customer service, be knowledgeable of pharmacy practice ethics, manage inventory, and maintaining an orderly and clean work environment.
She is also excellent at maximizing profitability through process improvements and implementing new ways to improve the customers experience. Shes gained most of her work experience in the Pharmaceutical arena with several reputable companies such as Wal-mart, CVS, and Medco performing both leadership and customer service roles. Familiar with medical and pharmaceutical terminology Familiar with brand and generic medications. Experienced medication inventory manager Ability to operate a pharmacy cash register Knowledge of pharmacypractice ethics Capable of designing and managing a medical record keeping process Knowledge of FDA Drug Safety Guidelines Authorized to work in the US for any employer
In good standing with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy and PTCB.
• Data entry/ Ten Key
• Effective Problem Solving •Inventory Management
• Pharmaceutical Calculations
• Entered prescriptions and insurance billing information
• Ordered specific medications for customers after communicating
• Work closely with pharmacist and use medication input software to
safely and accurately dispense medication.
• Communicated with wholesalers for inventory information
• Answered Any questions via phone
• Completing 10 day "put Backs" If patients didn't retrieve medication
Entered new patient profiles and prescriptions into medication input software system.
Provided friendly customer service at prescription drop-off and pick-up counters.
Communicated directly with doctors' offices via telephone, fax and email.
Requested insurance billing information from both hospitals and
• Entered DX "diagnoses" Codes into software for billing purposes
• Manually corrected rejected claims and submitted for payment
• Utilize computerized system, documentation, and administrative
• Follow up with customers on Prescriptions needing filled
• Work closely with pharmacist to innovate new ways to refill via
phone or online.
• Made outgoing calls to patients when Phosphorus binders had not
been refilled to advise them of importance in adherence.
• Answered questions via phone about any refill needed and
transferred to other necessary departments if needed
Answered all Incoming calls for Patients who needed assistance from
a pharmacist or whom had an issue with medication order being lost or
• Created report that would advise CPhT and RpH of issues on a step
by step basis with lost and stolen prescriptions and do all
investigations needed to obtain new prescriptions if necessary.
• Calling insurance companies to advise of issues concerning overrides
needed if prescriptions are lost or stolen.
• Answered any questions with in CPhT range via phone or called for
Roaming RpH when necessary and toggled all computer screens needed
by pharmacists to assist patient.
• Faxed requests to the doctors for refills or new scripts when
Member of R.O.T.C Club
Ten Key, Billing,charts, customer service, Data entry, documentation, filling, insurance, inventory, Inventory Control, Inventory Management, administer medication, Access, Excel, MS Office, Outlook, Power point, windows, Word, Patient Care, picking, pricing, Problem Solving, research, Retail, staff supervision, Telephone Etiquette, Answering phones, phone, time management
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: