Proficient Laboratory Researcher with more than 10 years of experience working in academic, hospital and health care industry in collaborative settings. Highly skilled in molecular biology, cell therapy including CAR-T and NK-CAR, Next-gen sequencing etc. Proven expertise in devising and optimizing new assays. Currently, seeking Scientist/Senior Scientist role in industry settings.
1. Myeloid Sarcoma: The other side of Acute Leukemia.
[Hematology latest research and clinical advances – Book Chapter]
2. Flavonoids from each of the six structural groups reactivate BRM, a possible cofactor for the anticancer effects of Flavonoids.
B.Kahali*, S.B. Marquez*, K.W. Thompson, J. Yu, S.J. Gramling, L. Liu, A. Aponick, D. Reisman (* - Equal Contribution)
[Carcinogenesis. 2014 Oct:35(10):2183-93]
3. The silencing of the SWI/SNF subunit and anticancer gene BRM in Rhabdoid tumors. B. Kahali, J. Yu, S.B. Marquez, K.W. Thompson, S.Y. Liang, L. Lu, D. Reisman [Oncotarget. 2014 May 30;5(10):3316-32]
4.Identifying targets for the restoration and reactivation of BRM.
B.Kahali, S.J.B. Gramling, S.B. Marquez, K. Thompson, L. Lu, D. Reisman [Oncogene 2014 Jan 30:33(5):653-64] [Awarded the highest impact publication (2012), Department of Medicine, University of Florida]
5. Downregulation of SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling factor subunits modulates cisplatin cytotoxicity. A. Kothandapani, K. Gopalakrishnan, B. Kahali, D. Reisman, S. M. Patrick [Exp Cell Res. 2012 Oct; 318(16): 1973-86.]
6. Evidence that the C-terminal domain (CtD) autoinhibits neural repression byDrosophila E(spl)M8.
B.Kahali, J.E. Kim, U. Karandikar, C.P. Bishop, A.P. Bidwai. [Genesis-2010 Jan;48(1):44-55]
7. Functional Dissection of Timekeeper (Tik) implicates opposite roles for CK2 and PP2A in Drosophila neurogenesis.
E. Kunttas-Tatli, A. Bose, B. Kahali, C.P. Bishop, A.P. Bidwai [Genesis. 2009 Oct;47(10):647-58]
8. On the mechanism underlying the divergent retinal and bristle defects of M8*(E(spl)D) in Drosphila.
B.Kahali, A. Bose, U. Karandiakar, C.P. Bishop, A.P. Bidwai [Genesis. 2009 Jul;47(7):456-68]
9. Drosophila CK2 phosphorylates Hairy and regulates its activity in vivo. B. Kahali, R. Trott, Z. Paroush, R. Allada, C.P. Bishop, A.P. Bidwai [Biochem Biophys Res Commun.2008 Sep 5;373(4):637-42]
10. Drosophila CK2 regulates lateral-inhibition during eye and bristle development A. Bose, B. Kahali, S. Zhang, JM Lin, R. Allada, , U. Karandikar, A.P. Bidwai [Mech Dev. 2006 Sep;123(9):649-64.]
Awards and Honors
2010 - WVU Dissertation Fellowship
2008 - WVU Travel Award (Awarded for presentation at the 49th Annual Drosophila Conference, Houston, TX)
2006 - WVU Travel Award (Awarded for presentation at the 47th Annual Drosophila Conference, San Diego, CA)
2000-2002 National Scholarship Award, Govt. of India.
In vivo Technique
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: